help!!! Spindle nut

oops. I guess a picture would help huh? hmm, tried to upload a picture but said it was too big. well its a spindle nut on a Dana 44 front end. In the mean time Ill figure out how to down size the picture

oops. I guess a picture would help huh? hmm, tried to upload a picture but said it was too big. well its a spindle nut on a Dana 44 front end. In the mean time Ill figure out how to down size the picture
You have a Dana 44 front diff instead of the stock Dana 30? That would be some good info to add your bio... ;) I'm not sure of the socket size for a Dana 44... :(

You could also use a hammer and small punch... but it is definately the hard way and often damages the nut making it hard to get a socket on later.

You could also use a hammer and small punch... but it is definately the hard way and often damages the nut making it hard to get a socket on later.

I used a hammer and a small punch. There must have been a burr on the threads or something. The second nut come right off. I got the rotor off now just have to get the spindle off.

Thanks guys for the advice.

And to resize pics, download irfanview (irfanview.com--it's free). Open your pic in Irfanview, then click Image>Resize. I typically resize from 400 to 600 pixels on the long side of an image. Save As a .jpg file, and reduce the image quality to 85-90%. You won't notice a difference in quality on the monitor, and it reduces the file size even more.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks