Hello all first post 1969 Kaiser Willies

Hello all first post 1969 Kaiser Willies

Macguyver

Jeeper
Thanks
Hello all, my first post and my first Jeep. I recently got a 1969 CJ5 with the Buick (?) 225 V6. Over all the Jeeps is in in pretty darn good shape. Very little rust, none on frame and tub is in good shape as well. I got the Jeep on a trade as an investment and while a frame off restoration is out of the question. I'm planning on selling or trading it and I was wondering if putting a few thousand into cosmetic restoration work would be worth the expense. Prices for similar jeeps are all over the map, anywhere from 5 to 30 thousand, and Blue Book is 20K.

Attachments

• SANY0001.jpg
    SANY0001.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 155
  • SANY0005.jpg
    SANY0005.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 112
  • SANY0003.jpg
    SANY0003.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 115
  • SANY0006.jpg
    SANY0006.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 113
  • SANY0011.jpg
    SANY0011.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
I have two, a '69 & a '70. While your CJ looks like a fairly nice one, in general they aren't worth $20k. I also have a couple of classics, one was a bare metal complete restoration & the other a daily driver/project car. I will NEVER get my money out of the restoration and I can make money on the driver of which I have put as little additional money in it as possible. The lesson I learned after many years, invest as little as possible. The complete restoration was for me, built the way I wanted without expectations of selling it. I have had it for 20 years and would probable lose money today if I tried to sale it. Bottom line is put as little money as possible in your Jeep if you don't plan to keep it. The next guy will build it the way he wants. Craigslist & Ebay will give you a better idea of what your Jeep is worth than Kelly Blue Book. Also location is everything as will as condition (and you do have rust) and upgrades (overdrive, springs, steering mod). If you have not been in Jeeps for some time it is tough to turn a profit on an investment purchase as a newbie. Good luck!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Hey neighbor nice looking Jeep.

Putting more money into an old jeep is not a good investment. Most of us that do it, do it because we like our old jeeps. As far as value, $20,000 is for in like new condition. It will take more money than that to get it in that condition. If you're going to sell it anyway, my sugestion is to do some research in your area on what jeeps in similar condition are going for.

Hello all, my first post and my first Jeep. I recently got a 1969 CJ5 with the Buick (?) 225 V6. Over all the Jeeps is in in pretty darn good shape. Very little rust, none on frame and tub is in good shape as well. I got the Jeep on a trade as an investment and while a frame off restoration is out of the question. I'm planning on selling or trading it and I was wondering if putting a few thousand into cosmetic restoration work would be worth the expense. Prices for similar jeeps are all over the map, anywhere from 5 to 30 thousand, and Blue Book is 20K.

I think you have a collectible on your hands. That's good news. The bad news is that the pool of deep pocketed collectors is small.

You said, "I got the Jeep on a trade, as an investment."

My question: What's your minimum target for ROI?

Tell us that, and we might be able coach you to that point for the local market.

-Jon

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks