Engine Gease and oil

Engine Gease and oil

NP435

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
CJ7 Reman 258, Np435, twin stick 300 dana, Currie 44's both ends with DetroitTrac both ends and chrome moly 35 spline shafts, Maxis Razor 33;s Gps based speedo.
What are you fellows using for the engine and grease for the stuff needing it. Why not toss in what you use in the trans and t -case?
As for me with my 258 its NAPA 15-40 for the extra zinc, Lucas No2 Red and tacky, and Valvoline 75-90 for the trans and t case/axles too.🏴‍☠️

.30 over 258 gets royal purple 10-30 or 40 when I can find it and k&n filter transmission and t case 75-90 weight all grease fittings (shackles u joints steering etc) gets a marine grade grease.

Sent from my E7110 using Tapatalk

What are you fellows using for the engine and grease for the stuff needing it. Why not toss in what you use in the trans and t -case?
As for me with my 258 its NAPA 15-40 for the extra zinc, Lucas No2 Red and tacky, and Valvoline 75-90 for the trans and t case/axles too.🏴‍☠️
I find these older heavy 4 speeds (T18/19, NP435, SM420) shift better with non-gearoil lubricants. Tractor Supply Ford tractor transmission fluid made my T18 in the last Jeep actually shift. Was planning on putting the same in my NP435. I think the Tractor Supply stuff is like 50 weight motor oil. Transfer case has no synchros so I don't think much about its fluid - just whatever gear oil.

My 258 I use Valvoline 5w30 and 50w oil in my T176 and Dana 300. Haven't any problems with stiff shifting in winter since I switched to 50w for the tranny

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

SBC350 gets full synthetic 10w-30. 700R4 trans gets Dexron 3. Dana300 and axles, Dana 30 and AMC20 (soon to be a Dana489), get full synthetic 75-90.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks