Figured out my 1/4" axle end play

Figured out my 1/4" axle end play

JohnKcj5

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
82 CJ5, 304, 4 speed, AMC 20 w/solid axles, 3:73 Motive gears, Eaton TrueTrac LSD's, WARN 8274, 3" lift, 33" ProComp M/T's
Did a lot of searching and reading. Came across this little snippet of vital information on a Truetrac reseller's site. Same model number(912A579 Detroit Truetrac AMC20 Rear). I bought my parts from Summit and they have no such note on their listing. Gonna get some 1-piece axles. 2-piece are a pain to maintain. Trying to figure out what I was doing wrong caused extreme insomnia this week. Passing it along for the next poor sap.

NOTES: THIS UNIT IS DESIGNED FOR USE WITH AFTERMARKET 1 PIECE AXLES, IF CUSTOMER IS USING OEM STYLE 2 PIECE AXLES THEY WILL ALSO NEED QTY (1) YSPXP-061 AXLE SPACER -- JEEP CJ5 CJ6 CJ7 CJ8 H1 J10 AMX JAVELIN MATADOR WAGONNER

Reference
https://www.drivetrainamerica.com/912a579-detroit-truetrac-limited-slip-amc-20-jeep-cj/

That's correct there is a crush block between the axles in the stock carrier. When one piece axles are installed the block is discarded. Also if a lunchbox locker is installed in the stock carrier it's discarded also. I'm surprised it's not mentioned in the install directions for the lsd/locker.

That's correct there is a crush block between the axles in the stock carrier. When one piece axles are installed the block is discarded. Also if a lunchbox locker is installed in the stock carrier it's discarded also. I'm surprised it's not mentioned in the install directions for the lsd/locker.

It's called a thrust block, not crush, sorry bout that.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks