Build Thread Father/Son Project in Orlando

Build Thread Father/Son Project in Orlando
sure is pretty, great work

can anyone tell me how to post a movie... I have a couple that might b of interest.
I have a hard time just posting pics but what others do is post it on You-Tube and then copy the link.

After my Father in law passed away we lost much of our expertise. There was something off in that the engine just wouldn't turn easily and I was pretty sure something was off, or I put it together improperly.

Thanks to my buddy Jim, as he took the engine apart and found that I had gouged the crank with a burr, and it was rubbing and cutting into the bearings.... There was metal scraped.

Jim took it apart and built it properly, he was able to run it to break in before painting.

This is the First start... notice the leaking freeze plug. Unfortunately the plugs that were put in at the machine shop were steel and one of them rusted through.

So we set about replacing them all. Despite removing the fenders, starter, batteries and trays, as well as the header we couldn't get the angle to push them back in because of the frame rail.

We ended up having to pull the engine mounts and the entire engine. This put us back several weeks... however, the engine sounds awesome. Thank you Jim!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-T0_oOfVo0&feature=youtu.be

Man it sure does, it looks and sounds great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The leaking freeze plug really threw us off as far as the time line. In the end we had to first disassemble the front end... However we could only get the correct angel to push the plug back in on the passenger side, posterior plug.

All the other ones the frame rail was in the way. In the end we had to pull the engine to replace them.

bottom line... check your freeze plugs and make sure they aren't steel... apparently the brass will prevent them from rusting through.

Jim has been working the exhaust and what he calls the "last 10% that sucks the life out of you".

She's alive
I don't seem to be able to post links https://youtu.be/LvG5WfVT60E

Dude that’s cool way to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s awesome that your kid is doing his share of the work!
We all know “the guy” who’s parents bought him a new Jeep just so the spoiled brat could destroy it in a few short months.
Your son will really appreciate his and won’t do anything stupid with it.
Another major benefit is that when something wears outor breaks he can fix it himself!

Jimbo76 takes her for a ride. Oil pressure is good, gauges work, however engine is running a little hot... It looks like the fan is kicking on late. The T176 is struggling with the RPMs, so Jim suggested we put an AX15 with overdrive.
https://youtu.be/MfuQmA41HJc

We still have some final touches to go.... but here she is.... Huge shout out to my man Jimbo76. The dude is not only a saint with a heart of gold, but a Jeep genius. Seriously, there is nothing this dude can't figure out and after my father in law passed away, we really struggled with the know how to get this done. If it could be dreamed up, Jimbo can figure out how to get it done..... I'm sure I'm forgetting something but
85 CJ7
94 yj body
AMC 360 from a Waggy
Affordable Fuel Injection
Headlight upgrade
AX15 5 speed OD
Tilt PS/PB with rear disc upgrade
Dana 44 rear
stainless bolts
33x12.5x15 Cooper SST
Bombproof steering box with Hummer H2 steering gear
Jeep Air AC

Raptor Liner interior
Speed Hut Gauges
Bestop Seats
Color matched seatbelts
Double battery
Smitty Bilt Winch
Bull Tear Aluminum Serpentine Kit

Speed Hut gauges... we got the blue night time option.

I was having trouble uploading a youtube video..... but here is the link if anyone wants to hear it run.

https://youtu.be/tawMPmJBeVw

Last edited:
You did a great job looks and sounds awesome. Now go out and enjoy it.

Man your Jeep looks nice, with the family roll cage, half doors and black wheels your Jeep looks late maiden from the side. Are you selling the house to pay off the Jeep resto? Lol

Man your Jeep looks nice, with the family roll cage, half doors and black wheels your Jeep looks late maiden from the side. Are you selling the house to pay off the Jeep resto? Lol

it is definitely less expensive to buy someone else's renovation, or even find a survivor. When you factor in not having the vehicle to drive for 6 yrs, but buying parts for it sucks too.

My son likes the resto-mod look with the black wheels, no decals, modern colors and lifted. I prefer the old school look of a survivor, although I don't think that's any cheaper.

I am preaching to a choir... as if everyone here doesn't have their own money pit they are throwing Benjamins at?

it is definitely less expensive to buy someone else's renovation, or even find a survivor. When you factor in not having the vehicle to drive for 6 yrs, but buying parts for it sucks too.

My son likes the resto-mod look with the black wheels, no decals, modern colors and lifted. I prefer the old school look of a survivor, although I don't think that's any cheaper.

I am preaching to a choir... as if everyone here doesn't have their own money pit they are throwing Benjamins at?

I bought mine new, but just in the last couple of years I've been tossing a few dozen Benjamins at it trying to make it Great Again.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom