Fast

The Super Gas class is an "indexed" race, meaning you "dial in" your time and try to match the dial in.

The breakout time is 9.90 seconds, meaning, if you go faster than 9.90 seconds in the quarter mile you lose.

Say your dial in is 9.88, and you go slower than that, there is a good chance you will be beaten by your opponent.

Top end speed varies from car to car, with 90/100 mph being average.

:cool:

The Super Gas class is an "indexed" race, meaning you "dial in" your time and try to match the dial in.

The breakout time is 9.90 seconds, meaning, if you go faster than 9.90 seconds in the quarter mile you lose.

Say your dial in is 9.88, and you go slower than that, there is a good chance you will be beaten by your opponent.

9.9 is going to put you in the mid 130's mph....a 14 second car will generally hit in the mid to high 90's.

By the way...there's a plane ticket in your name waiting at the airport...my HVAC just took a dump this morning and I expect it to be fixed by the time I get home tonight.

This is not going to be a good day.:mad:

9.9 is going to put you in the mid 130's mph....a 14 second car will generally hit in the mid to high 90's.
Yeah my badd, we had the car tuned "down" so that it would not go too fast !

Ever heard of MSD Ignition system ? It is a multiple spark discharge system that randomly "discharges" the spark of the plugs to keep the speed consistant.

Call me if you have a question about your a/c today, I can not use the work 'puter for the boards ............

Yeah my badd, we had the car tuned "down" so that it would not go too fast !

Ever heard of MSD Ignition system ? It is a multiple spark discharge system that randomly "discharges" the spark of the plugs to keep the speed consistant.

Call me if you have a question about your a/c today, I can not use the work 'puter for the boards ............

It's narrowed down to the fan motor or fan relay...or even the stupid computer board I guess. Fans out and I'm going to check that...friend will be over soon so I'll have someone to throw the breaker switch back and forth as I jump from possible trouble spot to trouble spot.

It's hot.:(

Was it all blowed up looking ?

The metal ones will bubble the top and sometimes the bottom out when they fail. the plastic/ceramic looking ones will just puke the gutz outta them !

Most often it is a fluctuation of the power that causes this. It would be a good idea to check the power to the house and make sure that the voltage is not too imbalanced, this will also smoke things in the house, like the big screen tv, the mikerowave, oh and the 'puter .............

:eek:

Was it all blowed up looking ?

The metal ones will bubble the top and sometimes the bottom out when they fail. the plastic/ceramic looking ones will just puke the gutz outta them !

Most often it is a fluctuation of the power that causes this. It would be a good idea to check the power to the house and make sure that the voltage is not too imbalanced, this will also smoke things in the house, like the big screen tv, the mikerowave, oh and the 'puter .............

:eek:
Did a meter run on everything...all looked good. Old capacitor (35/5) didn't show any signs of some terrible alien electronic donkey business going on inside...simply didn't power up the fan...got zippo as far as current coming out of the electrical prongs on the fan side. $12 fix...spent more time driving to the HVAC supply house than I did fussing with the unit. Only thing that got me...with me being a rookie HVAC hack...was the delay feature on the computer board once the thermostat is hit. I guess some little resistor thingy needs to heat up before sending current to the system...damn thing had me scratching my head. I was yelling upstairs to my helper telling him that he couldn't have turned the power on because I wasn't getting any current down here and he's yelling back that I'm most certainly an idiot because he did in fact turn the power on...and then suddenly whamoo...relay clicks and all is good. Of course I yelled back upstairs at him that I now have power and accused him of not hitting the breaker before. He yelled back that I was still an idiot regardless of the breaker.:confused:

:p

Yah, the circuit board has a timed delay and more than likely the t/stat has one also .........

Most likely, the board has a jumper for the fan OFF delay also, which can be adjusted from 30/60/90 seconds.

The timed ON at the circuit board is non adjustable, depending on the features of the digital t/stat, (you DO have a digital stat?), some have an adjustable timed ON feature in the set-up mode.

This is part of the energy efficiency thingy Big Brother made for you .....

:rolleyes:

Well it went belly up again.:( Came home and house was a little warm. Right now I'm assuming I'm a little low on freon (6 year old unit). Airhandler coils were froze over along with the low preasure line all the way to the compressor. Hamster cage fan is good as is compressor fan. Getting plenty of air pull thru the return (once the coil ice melted). I'm thinking it may have been somewhat low to begin with but losing the unit the other day and then it having to run heavy and consistant to overcome a very warm house may have taxed the thing to point where that low freon became apparent (before it was cycling as typical with a cool interior). Got a freon sniffer coming over this morning along with the guages and juice to get her back up. Life is fun...until it isn't.:rolleyes:

If the ozone level is good I would look at the blower motor .... One of the things that will make it freeze up quick is if the motor stops blowing. If the cap was bad, there is a chance, that the motor is running for awhile and shutting down on the internal overload, and then coming back on when it resets, as it is an auto reset protection device.

Also, check the amp draw on the motor, put your hand on it and see if it feels too hot ...

Also, try and listen during the day and see if it sounds like it shuts down.

Uhhh, your filter IS clean, huh ?

LOL

If the ozone level is good I would look at the blower motor .... One of the things that will make it freeze up quick is if the motor stops blowing. If the cap was bad, there is a chance, that the motor is running for awhile and shutting down on the internal overload, and then coming back on when it resets, as it is an auto reset protection device.

Also, check the amp draw on the motor, put your hand on it and see if it feels too hot ...

Also, try and listen during the day and see if it sounds like it shuts down.

Uhhh, your filter IS clean, huh ?

LOL

I've run the fan in the on position since the coils unfroze (compressor is off). It's been solid...no interuptions in service...attic open just so I can hear it better and notice if it does suddenly stop). Filter is always clean at my house...I use the cheapies that get changed everytime the electric bill comes (was advised many years ago to stay away from the expensive filters...they don't let air flow near as well as the cheap see-thru blue ones).

Yesterday I couldn't spell low life scum bag air conditioning wannabe hack wizard...today I are one.:D

Ha this is a funny jeep thread :laugh: It sucks that your ac is only 6 years old and acting up already. That cuts into the jeep fund :(

Well this plain ol' don't make sense. Was a little low on freon...enough to cause freeze. Brought the low preassure up to 40 (was showing 15). High preassure side is staying even at 75...:confused: ...and get this...the thing is working. Swap head dials figuring maybe the gauge was faulty but nada. Everything I know about HVAC tells me that I don't have enough preassure to flash...but I'm getting what seems to be normal functions and results...house is cool. Even ran it down to the high 60's and works perfectly. I shouldn't have a functioning a/c at 75 high side psi. Your plane ticket is still waiting. Oh...and after 5 hours...no evidence of freeze up. Damn sniffer showed no evidence of leaks.:mad:

That cuts into the jeep fund :(
I don't have a Jeep. I'm one of those God awful Toyota FJ40 people who's sole purpose in life is to annoy Jeep people....and my wifes cat. Ask CJ.....I've totally destroyed his self confidence...he was so badly wounded that he completely took his Jeep apart and laid it all out on the garage floor..it's been there for years. Every now and then I send him small parts to solder back together..he hates me.:D

In case anyone misses this...it is satirical..:chug:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom