Engine Engine Swap Between CJ7 and YJ Question

JohnEJo

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1976 Jeep CJ7, 304, Quadra Trac
I currently have a ‘76 CJ7 with a 304 (dual exhaust) and an automatic. I’m looking to get a ‘94/‘95 YJ with a 4 cylinder and manual transmission. I like the YJ but wish it had a V8. What all would be involved if I were to swap the 304/auto out of the CJ7 and put it into the YJ? I know the transmission would have to be swapped since the AX5 can’t handle the V8 power and torque, but would it be would it be easier to keep the TH400 or find another manual transmission for it?

Thank you.

I've not done the sniper 2 yet but from what I've read and heard it's just some upgrades to the original. A redesigned throttle stream lined wiring harness a new connection for the handheld and a a blue tooth available so you can monitor from your phone and iPad etc

Sent from my E7110 using Tapatalk

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks