doors for this winter

doors for this winter

trailN

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
76 cj5 232
:cool:Ive started to look for doors for my cj. Ive ended up with three diffent pairs for free awsome none of them fit on the top of the door against the windshield frame? the tubs original almost pos the frame is. theres a gap on the top of windshield. THIS ISNT SOS OR MAYDAY. Just wondering any ideas. my door mounts are on the tub winshild motorn is on the inside.:cool:

How far off is the gap? The windshield frame will adjust a little by loosening the two bolts and pushing or pulling to were you need it.....or the doors are for the earlier model up to 75?

:cool:ya it seams like it would work for the doors to sit on the windshield correct. i have a steal tub original new pans and paches allthe same im gona try to adjust wind shield and see what happens. between all the doors i have all for a CJ5 and all just a little bit different something should work if not ill be back on this thread in a couple hours:cool: definitly some of this:chug: if works or if it dosnt :chug::chug::chug::chug::chug::chug::chug::chug::chug: i cant remember the:censored: problem all will be well :D

On a 1976 CJ5 there is a plastic piece that screws to the windshield frame filling the gap between the door and the windshield, it acts as a door stop too. Are yours gone? The other tip on adjusting the windshield is spot on also.

yup i adjusted the widow frame back so it fit the doors and i dond have any plastic jambs. but my poor jeep is back fireing at like 40 mph now and i have no clue what the deal is ive read other posted but nothing about backfire after forty. i have a vac. hose coming off the dist. that has had a plug in it dont know where that supposed to lead to? my timing is good carb is adusted. This thing is crazy and i thout it was going to be simple to trouble shoot.Its a 76 a couple wire a few bolt and vac. lines is all they put her together with lol

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks