Do I need a drop pitman arm?

Do I need a drop pitman arm?

defibvt

Senior Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1974 CJ5, 4.0L stroker from a 91 XJ,T-18 w/ granny gear, Dana 300 w/ Lomax 4:1 gears.
I have 4" s Superlift. As the title asks, is drop pitman arm in my future. Where do I get one if needed.15f4ea74005f9d60f57848b7ae709e4c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
591914aa7aa7cc683b9511748b6778e0.jpg

Wow, definitely need a dropped pitman arm. You need to measure your steering to get the drop. Also need to be sure of the spline count and diameter of the output shaft of the steering box (in case it was replaced.) Make sure the tie rod taper matches the arm.

If it is all stock it should be a bolt on.

I have 4" s Superlift. As the title asks, is drop pitman arm in my future. Where do I get one if needed.15f4ea74005f9d60f57848b7ae709e4c.jpg

591914aa7aa7cc683b9511748b6778e0.jpg

The pitman arm from a Grand Cherokee is the same as the pitman arms that come with 4 inch lift kits and are a direct bolt on. Most any jeep hardware shop should also have them.

Will it work with an XJ power steering box?

Will it work with an XJ power steering box?

I believe it will. At some point they changed to a different steering box and I don't know when that was. Earlier ones should fit. I have no Idea how much drop the XJ arm has.

The goal here is to make the two bars as parallel as possible.

I would also check you camber. That might have been overlooked too. There are several good articles on this site related to this subject.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks