Difference between 1969 and 1976 front windshield ?

What I have found between my '69 & a '78 I will be installing. Sides of the '78 tapers as the side goes towards the top of the frame. The glass area is an inch or two taller, again moving towards the top. The frame is narrower in width across the top because of the bigger glass area. The strip across the top that the soft top goes in does now exist. You have to purchase an after-market strip and mount it. You will find your doors do not work correctly with the taper of the frame but I am going to run a Bikini Top or a future modified Hardtop and will deal with the problem later (if I do the hardtop thing). Good luck!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

The 76+ is angled back as well.

Weld a tab on the hinge and give it a shot of paint. :D

What I have found between my '69 & a '78 I will be installing. Sides of the '78 tapers as the side goes towards the top of the frame. The glass area is an inch or two taller, again moving towards the top. The frame is narrower in width across the top because of the bigger glass area. The strip across the top that the soft top goes in does now exist. You have to purchase an after-market strip and mount it. You will find your doors do not work correctly with the taper of the frame but I am going to run a Bikini Top or a future modified Hardtop and will deal with the problem later (if I do the hardtop thing). Good luck!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Right on - sounds right, I am finding it is fab time for most everything which is cool - now to get out the welder...

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks