Death in the tall grass

Death in the tall grass

IOPort51

NOT the voice of reason Jeep-CJ.com
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1977 cj-5
4.2 W/MC2100 carb, 4.0 head W/3 angle valves,SS Header,TFI ignition with MSB-6 offroad module,CS144 140 amp RPS alternator with remote regulator T-150,d-20,Dana 44 with OX lock and disk brakes. D-30 with Spartin locker,
skyjacker 2.5 lift?nitro shocks,31" BFG A/T off road.8000 lb Warn winch, original owner.=^)

2006 Toyota Tacoma
replaced the rear pinion seal today. Not a major job but I am not a fan of laying on the concrete.

I was out at my country estate/hay farm last week and came very close to getting stuck in the pasture. At the moment I am a big fan of locking differentials. I managed to bleed 90 wt all the way back home and gear lube on the muffler is not my favorite aroma. found the seal full of Johnson grass. It has wrapped around the drive shaft , u-joints and wokled into the seal. The new one has a flange that should stop or at least slow down the fibers next time I am running the pasture axle deep. It was kind of fun up to arriving at the car wash to unload a significant weight in black clay. Hard part is getting it out of the brakes. I need to find some rocks!

Lucky the grass didn’t get stuck around the CAT and burst into flames.

It doesn’t need to get wrapped around the CAT to catch fire. Just parking in some tall grass will do it. I speak from experience. Luckily the fire was put out quickly.

77 had no cat.:D

Been there / Done that. Friggin' tall wet pasture hay and couldn't pull the hills in 2WD. Rather than gettin' out and locking the hubs, I high rpmed it till I got it back to the house. Same results as you!

'Bout the only positive in the whole ordeal - Now the diff cover don't drip no more. But man, what a pain in the "rear"!! :D

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks