D-ring isolators

D-ring isolators

Petescj

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ-7 258 / T-18 / Dana 300 31 in All Terrains.
1978 CJ-7 304 / TH 400 / Quadratrac 32 in Mud Terrains
I got two pair of Daystars D-ring isolators the other day. The idea is that they fit inside the D-ring and as your rings swing the polyurethane hits your bumper instead of the ring itself. It doesnt work , atleast in my application. The polyurethane doesnt go up high enough and the d-ring itself still hits my bumpers. So much for ridding myself of the clankity clank and saving my paint. :(

Wouldn't the isolator need to go around the outside of the d-ring?

attachment.php

I used some cut up large diameter fuel line for years! I just slid it on and off as needed?

-

Here's my cure for clanky D's Go out and buy a cheap can of plasti coat and dip half the shackle. problem solved.

I always had tow hooks before. Just throwing it out there so others dont waste their money. I already did it for you. :rolleyes:

I actually prefer the D ring to the hook. On a winch pull I will only use a D ring when possible, and save the hook for a light tug. Years ago, I actually had my sweatshirt ripped right off of me when a hook slipped on a winch pull. It slung out about 10' off line and grabbed my shirt just under my left arm and ripped it right off of me, and threw me about 5 feet. I haven't trusted a hook on a winch pull since!!

Yea, D-rings are the way to go!

Plasti-dip them or do as I do, and figure it just adds one more little noise I can't hear over the exhaust anyways!

Oh I understand the benefits of the D-rings over the hooks. Personaly I like to take my shirt off with my own hands thank you. :eek: Thats why I had them built into my bumpers. I guess I'll have to do a 360 swap in this one too so i dont notice it anymore. :D Actually I like the plasti-dip idea.:chug:

I got two pair of Daystars D-ring isolators the other day. The idea is that they fit inside the D-ring and as your rings swing the polyurethane hits your bumper instead of the ring itself. It doesnt work , atleast in my application. The polyurethane doesnt go up high enough and the d-ring itself still hits my bumpers. So much for ridding myself of the clankity clank and saving my paint. :(

We've always used heater hose or radiator hose on them.

Until I saw the fancy ones from Daystar, I wasn't aware that anyone made something specifically for the rings....

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom