Help Couple problems with the site here... Cookie Alert Issue

Help Couple problems with the site here... Cookie Alert Issue

daddyusmaximus

Senior Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'80 CJ7, Just a rolling frame right now... will have Mopar 360, Torqueflite 727, D20, full size D44, Chrysler 9.25 with 4 wheel discs. SOA on Rubicon Express 1.5" YJ springs.
Couple problems with the site here...

1. A while back I started having this HUGE cookie pop-up in the lower left corner of the page screen. This (or anything like it) isn't happening on any other forum I visit... just here. I have clicked on EVERYTHING. I accepted all the cookies, rejected them, used the "-->>click here<<--" "...to see further information..." NOTHING will get rid of it. What gives

2. I come over here to make a thread, and ask for help... Can't make one. No spot comes up for a thread title... so it won't let me post the new thread. I had to jump in this old thread.

I'm 97% ready to abandon the forum, as this kind of :dung: is frustrating as all hell. In fact the cookie pop-up makes it very hard to even make a post. It covers up the box you type in, and the "attach image" icon. It take several tries at scrolling up and down to get the icon to land in the tiny gap between that huge pop-up, and the bottom of the screen. I'm about over that.

Anything anybody know that can help here before I just don't come back?

Screenshot (221).png

Solution
As an update to this thread.
Through offline private messaging it was determined the reason cookies were not working was because the adblocker was stopping the cookie from being saved by the forum. Turning off the adblocker for this site fixed the issue.

As a side note, the reason this site has ads is to help offset software and server costs. Extra site features can be added to your account and ads can be eliminated by using our donation or upgrade system as shown in this thread. -->> (Link)-> Announcement - User Upgrades and Supporters Bonus Percs. System -<
I wish you had contacted me sooner about this. I always strive to work with users. If I don't know about the problem I cannot fix / duplicate them but I do not ignore them. Heck, most of the time I call and work things out on the phone (personally.)

May I move this to its own thread so we can fix this?

1st thing is what browser are you using and may I log in as you.

• Thanks for the Post!
Reactions: CJ
I have the same issues. Cookie message covering the bottom of the page and unable to create post because of the “require a valid title” error with no place to put a title.
I’m using a iPad Air with Brave browser. IOS version 17.x

Attachments

• IMG_0018.png
    IMG_0018.png
    451.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Thanks for the Post!
Reactions: CJ
I have the same issues. Cookie message covering the bottom of the page and unable to create post because of the “require a valid title” error with no place to put a title.
I’m using a iPad Air with Brave browser. IOS version 17.x
I changed the cookie notice and sent you a PM. After logging in as you I was able to save the cookie but I'm on Chrome W10. Also, in your attached image the ads are missing. Ad blockers can mess with saving cookies. Can you try Chrome to help narrow this issue down by first using a different browser?
Thanks

cn1.JPG

When I login as @SwampRatt without ad block.

cn2.JPG

As an update to this thread.
Through offline private messaging it was determined the reason cookies were not working was because the adblocker was stopping the cookie from being saved by the forum. Turning off the adblocker for this site fixed the issue.

As a side note, the reason this site has ads is to help offset software and server costs. Extra site features can be added to your account and ads can be eliminated by using our donation or upgrade system as shown in this thread. -->> (Link)-> Announcement - User Upgrades and Supporters Bonus Percs. System -<

Solution

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks