Corner guards

Corner guards

jeep cj7 304

Active Jeeper
Thanks
Im looking to get corner guards on my jeep and im not sure which way i want to go with it. i know that i want the full style from the front the dorr back, but should i go with competition cut or yj. i want to keep driving it on the street so that is a big consideration against comp cut, also i have a wide rear bumperswhich might just make it look stupid. what do you think i should do here?

Im looking to get corner guards on my jeep and im not sure which way i want to go with it. i know that i want the full style from the front the dorr back, but should i go with competition cut or yj. i want to keep driving it on the street so that is a big consideration against comp cut, also i have a wide rear bumperswhich might just make it look stupid. what do you think i should do here?
Unless you really want to do allot of work (cutting) and really want the cops (at least here) hassling you - I would not go with the competition cuts. I'm not even sure that it would be legal on the street where you are. I know here it's illegal - also we have to have flares beyond the tire width - maybe different where you are.

The CC's look cool on rock crawlers but IMHO are not prctical.

Get a good set of guards and you should be good to go. I prefer the powder coated ones as they are almost indestructable. What ever you decide - remember that almost all (that I have seen) require drilling and that means another place for rust to form unles you take adequate precautions...

yeah thats what i was thinking plus my gas cap would be a fun thing to move elsewhere
I think that would be the correct decision, and I believe the gas cap would most likely be the least of your problems if you go with competition cuts.

Looking forward to seeing them on your CJ.

yeah im thinking something in the lines of this
crusher_flare51506_lg.jpg

:D:banana::DI already have the front fenders and rocker guards on the way though:D:banana::D
55_4.jpg

they should be here in december but who knows

That definitely looks like it will be fun. It looks like you have it all planned out and are ready to tackle this project. I think that you made a great decision on this and wish you the best of luck with it.

That definitely looks like it will be fun. It looks like you have it all planned out and are ready to tackle this project. I think that you made a great decision on this and wish you the best of luck with it.

Yeah i hope my parts get here soon, i ordered them in september and now they are saying that the original arrival date of now isn't happening and that it will probably be March before i get them.:mad:

:biggun:
I'm about to start breakin out the heavy artillery!!!

Yeah i hope my parts get here soon, i ordered them in september and now they are saying that the original arrival date of now isn't happening and that it will probably be March before i get them.:mad:

:biggun:
I'm about to start breakin out the heavy artillery!!!
What the heck did you order that has a 6 month lead time? That's crazy! :confused:

Yeah and it said online that it would be delivered in 7 to 10 days, nothing about months.
Do you have a link to these things? Is there no where else to get them? Unless they are being hand made by Nuns at the Vatican I would tell em' to go piss up a rope and look else where. That is entirely too much time!

Do you have a link to these things? Is there no where else to get them? Unless they are being hand made by Nuns at the Vatican I would tell em' to go piss up a rope and look else where. That is entirely too much time!

http://www.4wheelparts.com/prodDetail.aspx?partNo=S/B76867&jeep-parts=true

http://www.4wheelparts.com/prodDetail.aspx?partNo=S/B76865&jeep-parts=true

I think I will call them today and see what this is all about, I might make them cry but it's worth it.

Well those links don't show them on back order or anything and the price is discounted another 20%. Can you find them else where?

I found them at 4wd hardware, but I believe they are pretty much the same company. I think that I will call 4wd anyway just to see when their estimated arrival date is.

Are there are sources that would be considered an absolute "no no" to avoid making any of these purchases from. I would hope most ways of acquiring the parts would be reputable

Are there are sources that would be considered an absolute "no no" to avoid making any of these purchases from. I would hope most ways of acquiring the parts would be reputable
I don't know of any 'absolute' no no companies but if in doubt 'Google' is your friend... :D

4WheelParts is supposed to be pretty good so I have no idea why he is getting such a run around...

ok i have finally heard back from the guys over at smittybilt and he said that my fenders should be arriving at their facilities in April of 09, and the rocker guards should be in late winter, not sure which winter right now, but winter none the less, i'm guessing this winter just to be hopeful, I'm trying to find out why but I guess it doesnt matter as long as I know they are coming. i think i'll just wait it out because they are a very good price and they are already powder coated like i want. so i'll just have to wait another couple months. who knows i may have to ship it to wherever i go to college in pretty much a year and a half

You have a hell of a lot more patience than I, that is for sure! I would have told them to bite me a long time ago!

alright here is the email that he sent me:

"From what I heard from R&D...we finally finished the TJ tube fenders so now we are able to focus more time on the CJ tube fenders."

So I guess I bought them before they were even designed and ready to sell, which makes sense because on their website they only show a yj with the fenders, and not not any other jeeps. He also said that I would be getting my rocker guards late this winter, so only a month or two(hopefully).

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom