Interior Corbeau Low Back Suspension Seats

Interior Corbeau Low Back Suspension Seats

aglinks

Active Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
‘83 CJ7, 4.8L Vortec, TF999, D300, AMC20, D30
Hey all,

My driver seat is pretty worn out so I am thinking it is time to upgrade. Has anyone tried the Corbeau low back suspension seats? I have an 8" Tuffy console and am concerned they may be too wide.

Solution
I ended up getting a full set of Bestop seats. The fold and tumble rear seat from bestop really sold me. I am making brackets to use them with the Corbeau seat risers because I want a more secure seat mount and I want the seats to sit lower. I will post pictures when its done :)
I have a center console and the Corbeau Sport seats. They're a high back with head rests and recline. My seats fit just fine, even allowing the seat belts to still be in the loops on the sides of the console and I can move seats with ease. I believe the Baja's are 2.5" wider, so that would certainly be an issue. In addition, the Baja's have a standard width and an extra wide. So you could even get wider than that.

I've got those...like 'em a lot

Have a 50 mm ammo can for storage between them...no problem with fit

I've got those...like 'em a lot

Have a 50 mm ammo can for storage between them...no problem with fit
Never heard of a “50 mm ammo can”. Are you sure it isn’t 40 mm?

They make an ammo can for .50 cal, but never heard of 50mm either. .50 Cal Amo Can
Now the 40mm cans are quite popular. 40mm Ammo Can

The .50 cal cans are just shy of 6" wide (5.75" inside width). The 40mm cans are 6" wide. So both are narrower than most center consoles. So they would indeed work fine between these seats. The Tuffy consoles come in an 8" or 10". Since "aglinks" states he has the 8", perhaps "j6824" can tells us whether an 8" width console would fit since it looks like he has a 6" ammo can now with "no problem with fit".

Then there is this. 8 in wide. 58D4D0EA-515A-4318-8B4B-BE8D9827D4EC.jpeg

That’s the most common, 40mm can. I have seen those used for a console numerous times.

Never heard of a “50 mm ammo can”. Are you sure it isn’t 40 mm?
My mistake...it's a 20

M548...14.5" x 8.25" x 18.5"

One of the aftermarket ones...no stencil on it

Last edited:
I ended up getting a full set of Bestop seats. The fold and tumble rear seat from bestop really sold me. I am making brackets to use them with the Corbeau seat risers because I want a more secure seat mount and I want the seats to sit lower. I will post pictures when its done :)

• Thanks for the Post!
Reactions: CJ
Solution
I think I’ve had my BT seats for 20 - 25 years maybe

I need to take some pictures in the daylight, but I used Corbeau brackets for the front seats and made some adapter plates out of 1/8x3” flat bar to make them work with the Bestop seats. The seats are the perfect height and angle! They sit ~2” lower than the factory bracket, so I’m nice and low with the new seats and won’t be hitting my head on the cage.IMG_2880.jpegIMG_2888.jpegIMG_2873.jpegIMG_2874.jpeg

In hindsight I could have used a little thinner flat bar like you for the adapters instead of going full blast armor, I used full1/4" plates!
...because you never know when you might drive over a mine in the Canadian backcountry 🤣

PXL_20220903_023111796.jpg

In hindsight I could have used a little thinner flat bar like you for the adapters instead of going full blast armor, I used full1/4" plates!
...because you never know when you might drive over a mine in the Canadian backcountry 🤣

View attachment 100897
:rofl: 1/4"! That's adding some seat ballist!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks