Clutch Clutch MC and Slave bore size set ups

Clutch Clutch MC and Slave bore size set ups

bbbobbb

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ7 258, Dana 30 & 44,
I think my set up is wrong, I have a CJ7 with a yj tub. My slave is .875 dia and MC a .6875 dia, I'm not getting enough slave travel. Should i move up my MC to at least a .875 dia. How hard will it be to engage the clutch ? Also very important, on top of the MC the line goes vertical then bends down. Does air get trapped in the line at the top of the bend. thanks

Having a 1:1 ratio will definitely help with your travel issue. Smaller diameter on your MC translates to less fluid being pushed to the slave...and since the slave is bigger, it won't travel as far.
Air could be trapped in the line if the system wasn't bled or bled properly. Plenty of good videos out there on how to do that.
Both my slave and master are 1". If you want less pedal travel, you could go 1" on your MC.

Having a 1:1 ratio will definitely help with your travel issue. Smaller diameter on your MC translates to less fluid being pushed to the slave...and since the slave is bigger, it won't travel as far.
Air could be trapped in the line if the system wasn't bled or bled properly. Plenty of good videos out there on how to do that.
Both my slave and master are 1". If you want less pedal travel, you could go 1" on your MC.
Thanks for getting back, I looked at most all videos but nothing I found was like my MC. Right behind the cap the line goes almost straight up then down. I see no way that any air trapped can get out. Or does it get just get pushed out during bleeding ?

If you bleed the system properly, all of the air will come out. It's a tiny reservoir, so be ready to fill it up a couple times while you bleed.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks