CJ7 Rubicon Express Sway Bar bolts

CJ7 Rubicon Express Sway Bar bolts

cpadget

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1983 CJ7, 258, T-5, Dana 300, Dana 44/Detroit rear, 4.88s
Guys,

I am looking to see if anyone knows the bolt size of the sway bar disconnect on a 4.5RE lift on a CJ7? The bolt that attaches at the top, to the sway bar. Thanks for any assistance

I sent Rubicon Express a message on Instagram. They usually respond pretty quickly on the social media sites. We'll see if they answer.

Thanks a bunch. I sent them an email last week and didn't hear anything.

I’m working with a factory sway bar now and adding BDS extended links and they reuse factory stud which is 5/8” shank tapered to 1/2 20 thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I replaced the bolt, but I am not quite understanding the install. There is a sleeve that goes through the top eye of the disconnect, with the pin on the inside portion of that sleeve. The bolt goes through the sway bar and threads into that sleeve, but there is no way to get it tight, as it eventually spins because it only has the pin on the inside portion and nothing to tighten against.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_4938.jpg
    IMG_4938.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4937.jpg
    IMG_4937.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 44
I wouldn't think they need to be overly tight. Probably a little locktight and hold with maybe some vice grips and that should suffice. As they're meant to disconnect and as long as the bolt doesn't back out using locktight.

Take the pin out, insert screwdriver or other long bar in hole, torque to spec and reinstall pin

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks