Clutch Cj7 Ford 302 and Ax-15 clutch linkage issue

Clutch Cj7 Ford 302 and Ax-15 clutch linkage issue

spidey90250

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1980 Jeep Cj7, Ford 302 Ax-15 Dana 300
HI so I swapped my CJ7 with a Small block 302 and an Ax-15 in place of my T-5 and mated them with an Advance adapters bell housing plate and an a clocking ring for my Dana 300. I am having issues with the Hydraulic clutch linkage. I installed a 4 cylinder CJ7 master cylinder for the clutch, with a Ford slave cylinder in between. I used an 81-91 F150 Aluminum bellhousing and the slave cylinder bracket, part number: e4tz-7a544-a. I have not been able to find a slave cylinder that sits correctly on this slave bracket. In addition, When it was all hooked together, I was able to get the transmission into all 5 gears and reverse but it would slip in all the gears almost as if the clutch was not completely engaging. I used a clutch kit for a 70 Bronco with an 11 inch flywheel and threw an 11 in Chevy clutch disc to have the correct spline count for the Ax-15. Any help would be appreciated. Im pulling hair trying to get this done!

351w swap here...

Interesting that you can't find a Ford slave cylinder to fit the Ford bracket. I have a spare Ford bracket, but that won't do you any good. I ended up using the bracket and slave cylinder that Novak offers. The Novak slave should fit the Ford bracket, but it comes with the bracket...which is why I have an extra Ford bracket...hahaha.

Regardless, you should get the Novak slave cylinder because the plastic Ford slaves cylinders are junk and won't last long. I have about 8000 miles on my 351w build and I haven't had any issues with it.

Also, for reference, I have a LUK heavy duty 11" clutch and a Ford T18.

Attach a picture of your setup. Pictures are worth a thousand words here...especially since you don't have a common swap.

I was thinking about doing the Novak slave, I just wasn't sure if I could justify spending that much on a slave cylinder! I may just have to bite the bullet and get one. I will get some pictures of the the engine and trans tomorrow for ya

Attachments

• 20211006_182239.jpg
    20211006_182239.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 0
Agree with "cglax6" - get the Novak slave/bracket set. Worth the cost for better reliability and fitment (and support if needed).

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks