Clutch CJ7 Dry Clutch Linkage

Clutch CJ7 Dry Clutch Linkage

Skibum58

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'84 CJ7
Replaced clutch etc, and all new linkage. When adjusting linkage, the adjustment rod (between the stationary ball knob and throwout bearing fork) pops off the ball knob when adjusted to the correct tolerance. If I back it off 1/8", works, but need that 1/8" for correct operation. Any ideas?

Was the old linkage working before being replaced ? Is it out of alignment some way ? Been a long time since I have had mechanical linkage. Mine is hydraulic and I love it.

No 4 cylinder jeeps came Hyd. Rebuilt a 258 and going back with that and a different transmission ( T176 ) and never hesitated going back Hyd. Bought completely new parts from Novak for that

Yeah, mine's a 258. The original dry clutch linkage set-up stinks. Borg T5 tranny. Looks like the Kits from Novak go $400+with everything and some fabrication is needed. Think I'll try the Rugged linkage kit for $100. Eliminates the sloppy ball studs with bolts but gives slack, up to 15 degrees for flexing. If that doesn't work, will swallow the price and go with the hydraulic fix this winter. Thanks for your input.

Don't blame you on the easier cheaper way All that off-road twisting of body and frame makes the Hyd better. Some go with Heim joint for mechanical linkage

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom