CJ5 1973 Gas Tank Repair

CJ5 1973 Gas Tank Repair

dabbrowne

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1973 CJ5 (AMC 1976 360 5.9L rebuilt) V8 Edelbrock Weber 1406 4 barrel carb with TorqueFlite 727 Auto transmission, 31" tires, Dana 30 Front Diff, Dana 44 Back , Dana 20 T case.
Hello Any advice on where to get a sending unit for my gas tank? Also it looks like PO took off the carbon filter and the roll over check valve. Also PO connected one of the vent tubes back to the top of the gas filter by the carb and the other vent tube goes to the Liq check valve. Then connected the other to connections on he Liq check valve.

It seems to run fine.

Have you tried Napa? I got mine there some years back, but mines a little newer too (83)

OK the problem is the top of the plastic gas tank. It bent a bit and is now allowing fuel to leak out the top if the road is rough and tank is full. Also the filler neck hose 2 1/4 inch is rotten, anyone know of a good flexible filler neck hose? The hose bends 90 degrees then 45 deg.

I would think you could get the items you want from one of the big box 4wd outfits like Four Wheel Parts Wholesalers, Quadratec, Morris, Four Wheel Drive Hardware, and whoever else sells stuff off the net.

As far as a filler hose goes, see if you have an industrial hose supply house around. I got one from 4wd.com (Omix/Dorman =:dung:) and it rotted out in less than 2 years. Went to the Hoseman (local business) and they found one that worked perfect. Just make sure it is oil/fuel rated.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks