chevy 350 pilot bearing/pushing help

chevy 350 pilot bearing/pushing help

raser13

Active Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1977 CJ-5 '83 amc 258 straight six, motorcraft 2100 carb ,inline fuel pump, 1000 cca battery ,T-175 tranny,
hey guys and gals, i have a chevy 350 out of a 1990 suburban that i got for free. it originally was attached to an auto trans. now it's going to be mated to my t-176 stick. what pilot bushing would i need?

my jeep came with a 350 originally but it kept having issues. so i pulled that and inserted a 258 straight six. well the six needs to be rebuilt, and i got this suburban handed to me. so i figure ok lets go back to the chevy but this time do things the right way. i now have the right mounts, the smaller distributor, ect. i still have the 12in flywheel and clutchpad and pressure plate from the old set up. only problem took it to some one to have the fly wheel turned. for some reason the were being "nice to me" by removing the pilot bushing that was in it. and then promptly loosing it.(read as thew it away)

so now i need your help. i need to know what pilot bushing/bearing i need to go from the 12in chevy flywheel to the input shaft on my jeep T-176 trans. if nothing else i'll have to fork out good money and have a machine shop make me one by measuring the parts. but if there is an over the counter alternative i'm all ears. id rather just walk order a part and be out the door. that way i can get the jeep up before the really bad weather hits us. thanks for any help. i greatly appreciate it.

Novak has them for 6 bucks. T176 too gm gen1/2 blocks. Flywheel size doesn’t matter.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks