Cb radio antennas????

Cb radio antennas????

fishinfool98

Chat Picasso
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1985 cj8 streched to 118in wheel base, shackle reversal soa, chevy vortec 350, turbo 350, dana 60 front and corp 14 rear, custom bumpers front and rear

2006 Ford F350 CCLB with the dreaded 6.0 that has given me no problems
What MHz do I need? And will a pu3ynare.jpgwork?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That in the picture will not work, go to your local truck stop, they have lots of CB antennas.

CBs frequencies run between 26 to 27 MHz. The antenna you have is to short.

The frequency of CB transmissions is about 27 MHz.
It is common for a CB antenna to be 1/4 wavelength. This is because as you receive transmissions the tip of the antenna will be the beginning of the sine wave and the base will have the maximum amplitude.
sig_07.gif

Antennas are always specialized for a certain frequency (or wavelength). A TV antenna will not work with a CB.

Not what I wanted to hear

Think I could turn it into a am/fm antenna

Personally, I would buy a 102" steel whip antenna, mounted on rear quarter behind the wheel well. ;)

"Libertatem Aut Mortem"

-Samsung GSIII (CM10.2.1)

-LG Lucid (CM10)

-LG Revolution (BrokenOutRevo 2.0.1)

-Samsung Fascinate (CM7)

It's going in a rock crawler... I'm not looking for a long distance radio. I have that antenna off of a humvee and was hoping to use it but I guess I'm just gonna have to use something else

It's going in a rock crawler... I'm not looking for a long distance radio. I have that antenna off of a humvee and was hoping to use it but I guess I'm just gonna have to use something else

A 102" steel whip is just a very durable antenna, especially if you're gonna be tromping around the woods and whatnot. It is kinda similar to the setup on a hmmwv, only not as large of a diameter antenna. Below is an example.

u3utyret.jpg

"Libertatem Aut Mortem"

-Samsung GSIII (CM10.2.1)

-LG Lucid (CM10)

-LG Revolution (BrokenOutRevo 2.0.1)

-Samsung Fascinate (CM7)

Think I'm going to go to something a little smaller

I once saw one of those whip antennas almost take a guys eye out as it whipped around, it did put a small slice just below it. Most clubs require a 4' max length with no whips on club runs for cb radios.

I once saw one of those whip antennas almost take a guys eye out as it whipped around, it did put a small slice just below it. Most clubs require a 4' max length with no whips on club runs for cb radios.

:)I actually like the 102" stainless whips co-phased.

But Torx is right in a group they need to be tied down for safety........out in the open away from the folks they do a pretty good job...........but any of the loaded 1/4,1/2 or 5/8 wave shorter antennas will also work quite well.

:D:D:D:D

ONLY IF-the ant. is not tied down. Otherwise, it's a 'no-call'.
I have been run'n a 102" 'wip' for 29+ years on my CJ.
I have it tied down on the trail. Nice to have the range when needed.
BTW-OP, get an adjustable Firestick and hvy duty spring. The adjustable lets you(with proper tools/meter)to adjust and match the ant. to your radio for best SWR.
K6MTY
73s
LG

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks