Camping in the CJ - Pictures

Camping in the CJ - Pictures

JAG811

Senior Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'57 CJ6 & '78 CJ7
Wondering if anyone has photos/pictures of camping with the CJ ??

This is one from my gallery, which is when I opened up my tent on Buck Island Lake which is on the Rubicon Trail in central Ca. A group I was with spent 4 days on a trail that is about 12 miles long.

i don't yet, but when i plan on going to big bend to camp with mine.

This is the only one I have downloaded I will see if I have more I can download :)

Not sure if this will show up or not. This is at Los Coyotes Indian Reserv. in So.Cal.'s high desert around 1985
73657_111717812224488_4325579_n.jpg

Not sure if this will show up or not. This is at Los Coyotes Indian Reserv. in So.Cal.'s high desert around 1985
73657_111717812224488_4325579_n.jpg
I used to go there every year until it was closed. The entry fee was once $2.00/nite. JAG811, check "Trail Reports" in this forum.

Old Woman mountains in socal.

Attachments

• Old Woman Mountains 030.jpg
    Old Woman Mountains 030.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 884
  • Old Woman Mountains 020.jpg
    Old Woman Mountains 020.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 834
  • Old Woman Mountains 006.jpg
    Old Woman Mountains 006.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 504
Mojave Rd in socal. :chug:

Attachments

• Mojave Rd 021.jpg
    Mojave Rd 021.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 583
  • Mojave Road 007.jpg
    Mojave Road 007.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 466
I used to go there every year until it was closed. The entry fee was once $2.00/nite. JAG811, check "Trail Reports" in this forum.
Any idea why it was closed? They used to hold the High Desert Roundup there, at least in 1985 they did.

Sure I love to go camping in my CJ. I have some threads on my camping trips. (see the bottom of this post)
Here in the mountains I can camp anywhere I find a spot in the national forest. I usually just go four-wheeling until it starts to get dark then I set up camp.
At first I used to use my backpacking tent.
campsite__medium.jpg

But that was hard to find a good smooth place to set up a tent. Then I got this Cot Tent and could set it up almost anywhere. Didn't matter if it was rocky or a wet ground.
I took a 4 day camping trip into the mountains near St Elmo in central Colorado. I drove on the highways for 3 hours before I locked into 4 wheel drive. I then tried to take Tomichi pass but I was stopped by a snow drift at the top of the pass.
68_tomichi_pass__small.jpg

Two men with good shovels would have been able to shovel that drift faster than it took to drive around but all I had was a folding military shovel. I went back to the highway and around.
Once I got to my destination I checked out the trails. There were a lot of ATVs out so to avoid them I headed to the harder trails. My favorite was the Iron Chest Mine trail. At the lower elevations this trail was all boulders 1 to 4 feet across. That was a fun challenge.
31_iron_chest_trail__small.jpg

Check out my tent. It's also a cot. It's perfect for camping in the mountains. I have such a hard time finding a place without rocks to put up a tent. Now I sleep comfortably over the rocks.
34_tent__small.jpg

84__small.jpg

Here is a link for more pictures:
St Elmo pictures by BusaDave9 - Photobucket
I was planning on taking Tin Cup Pass to get back but that 4x4 trail was also snow covered. It's the end of June and it's still winter in the mountains.:confused:
Oh well I still had fun.

And here is a thread of a Jeep Camping trip I went on. Getting to the campsite was an all day trip (took the long way there)
http://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f63/beartown-site-wager-gulch-carson-city-ghost-town-10619/
Check out the above link but here's a pic of the campsite:
00109Campfire.jpg

The plan is to get quite a few more of these this year. Heres one from Shartelsville Pa.

Campsite3.jpg

Frigging AWESOME pics BusaDave9!

I can't believe I don't have any pics from camp. The best I got is leaving the homestead all hitched to get up to camp.

Attachments

• Camping at Irv's(1).jpg
    Camping at Irv's(1).jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 405
I can't believe I don't have any pics from camp. The best I got is leaving the homestead all hitched to get up to camp.
You have a real nice setup :notworthy:

You have a real nice setup :notworthy:

Thank you, sir. I tented until age 38, then decided to bypass all the interim RVs and just go balls out for some well-deserved luxury.

My brothers and I co-own 5 acres up in the foothills of the Cascade mountains on a creek, way out in the boonies. It is a great launching spot for the CJ7 to run up on hundreds of miles of old logging roads and NFS roads like these spots in the photos.

Attachments

• Darrington - July 4th Trip (158).jpg
    Darrington - July 4th Trip (158).jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 318
  • Darrington 7-8-2012 (11).jpg
    Darrington 7-8-2012 (11).jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 390
  • DSC04567.jpg
    DSC04567.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 433
Thank you, sir. I tented until age 38, then decided to bypass all the interim RVs and just go balls out for some well-deserved luxury.

My brothers and I co-own 5 acres up in the foothills of the Cascade mountains on a creek, way out in the boonies. It is a great launching spot for the CJ7 to run up on hundreds of miles of old logging roads and NFS roads like these spots in the photos.

Those are some great pics Jonboy! Very scenic country you get to run around in.

That middle pic is worth framing jonboy. Great background.

That middle pic is worth framing jonboy. Great background.

Thanks PaRenegade, but I know personally that you live in some great forests and mountains too, how about some pics of you and your Jeep from the center of PA? BTW, Steelers fan or Eagles?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks