Calico Ghost Town Trip

Calico Ghost Town Trip

Torxhead

Always Off-Roading Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'86 CJ,258,T-18,4:1,Dana 44s
On the weekend of Feb. 23rd, I will be leading the Jeep club that I belong to on another trip thru the tight canyons next to the ghost town located in the northern Mojave Desert in SoCal. We always enjoy having guests and it is not a large club. If you have any interest, let me know.
This is a report from last years trip and there is another report in the "Trail Reports" section in this forum:
http://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f63/more-calico-pics-14346/
I plan on doing a another report on the trip.

I'm gonna keep my eye on this one. I would probably only be able to make it out for the day but I'll let you know.

So let me know if you can make it and I will arrange a meetup outside the entry gate, I will be staying in the campground thru Fri.-Sun, with the run starting at 9am Sat. We usually go out for dinner after the run also. There will also be a Sun. quick trip for those who aren't afraid to bend any sheet metal.

Last edited:
:drool::drool:

Pictures please!

I'd like to make it down to a run through there with you in the next couple years. (jeep not "reliable" enough for long trips yet) :eek:

:chug:
~ Jr

I will try to get some good pics JR, but I cannot even imagine driving an old CJ5 for that distance.

I'm still young and dumb! lol

You see the jeep that magazine drove from coast to coast? Old CJ5

They made a few upgrades and pit (fix) stops along the way though...

Can you imagine the fuel bill for a old v-8? I get around 10 - 12 MPG depending on how I drive and how fast on freeway... that would bankrupt me!

~ Jr

I'm still young.

Can you imagine the fuel bill for a old v-8? I get around 10 - 12 MPG depending on how I drive and how fast on freeway... that would bankrupt me!

~ Jr

Plenty young to recover from bankruptcy , Do it. :D

Plenty young to recover from bankruptcy , Do it. :D

I meant driving across the US... lol

Driving down to so cal the only thing I'd worry about is how to hitch-hike back after the CJ broke down half way there or back... lol...

One day it will be reliable enough! Maybe after my frame off!

~ Jr

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks