Ca Jeep events and gatherings?

Ca Jeep events and gatherings?

thescot

Active Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
83 CJ7, FI'ed 258, T5, D300, AMC 20 and D35. 06 Tacoma 4wd,98 4Runner 4wd, 97 Ram 2500 V10 & Lance 3000, 01 HD E Glide.
I live on the Central Coast of Cailf and on the way home I spotted several CJ's on trailers behind campers headed south. None looked like Pismo material really. Curious if anybody knows of a run taking place this weekend??

Haven't heard of anything this far south.

Sasquatch mentioned a Death Valley run this fall and wondered about that. Recon they'ed be headed north if it was though. These rigs looked better equipped for desert than dune rompin. I didnt see any trucks covered with Raider decals,22's and chrome bling like typical Pismo visitors have :banana:

Too bad to hear that's how Pismo is these days. It's been over 20 years since I've been there, sounds like I can go another 20 without.

Remember Devils Slide near the end of the beach some 12 miles south of Pier ave? Yeah well now the end is 3 miles south, if your caught so much as walking the beach beyond the south your be ticketed or arrested.

I have a friend that lives nearby who takes his Deuce and a Half there frequently and said they have really shrunk down where you can go. It's a shame a few always seem to F it up for the masses, and guys with the Faiders stickers top that list.

Remember Devils Slide near the end of the beach some 12 miles south of Pier ave? Yeah well now the end is 3 miles south, if your caught so much as walking the beach beyond the south your be ticketed or arrested.

This past weekend was my Panamint Valley trip, guys come from all over for it.
next one is spring time late april if interested youd be welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_20131025_162004_667.jpg
    IMG_20131025_162004_667.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_20131025_161811_128.jpg
    IMG_20131025_161811_128.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20131025_153409_079.jpg
    IMG_20131025_153409_079.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Well ya made it..sounded like you had some reservations about having the rig prepared. Looks like a good time,lots to see in DV and the surrounding areas. We Took bikes thru Gohler to Barker Ranch a couple years ago before they burned it down and excavated for more remains. Unfortunately Surprise was closed already so we Hiked in. So much history to see. Might have to take you up on the invite to the next run ;)

Cool. We did Goler this trip and ran into a group of bikes contemplating how to get up the waterfall that is now exposed from the heavy rains they received this summer, one in our group set up his jeep so they could use there tiny winch to pull up the heaviest BMW then presumably pull the rest of them up off it? Don't know for sure cuse after an hour getting the first one up we got back on our way.
Wish I had more pics to share, this one is the Keystone mine and you can see one of our guys approaching the squeeze were a giant boulder fell on the road and you must drive around with inches to spare between it and the edge of the trail. A couple guys in the group opted out. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20131025_133616_054.jpg
    IMG_20131025_133616_054.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 73

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks