Ca. camping

Ca. camping

Sasquach

Crazy Sr. Respected Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1978 CJ5, 258 w/4.0head, Mopar MPI, P.S., P.B.,Tilt wheel, No stereo, t-18, t-20, amc 20, dana-30 w/tru-trac, Warn full float w/locking hubs & Detroit locker in the AMC.
1964 CJ3B, 4-134
1952 M100 trailer
Made some reservations online today at reserveamerica for one our spots near Big Pine Ca. in the Owens valley and a little taken back by the new rates this year. Booked 8 nights at 2 diff. spots for a total of $172, One location is $20 a night the other $17 and each reservation gets a $9 service charge. These are places that have only pit toilets, no hookups, piped water randomly throughout the campground and were developed many years ago and were free or only $1 or $2 dollars a night then.
What is kinda nutty is this somewhat new system of reserving a site and not first come first serve is people will spend the $ to reserrve then not even show up to camp sometimes and before someone else can occupy there site they must wait till 2:00pm the following day.:mad:

welcome to the new regime. Where run away budgets and a taxed out public make pay to play the only way to patch up a system bleeding internally so bad there is no answer except to vote out every person in government to send a message we have had enough.
Want to know why they have to charge so much?
Here is a short parable based on a article I wrote and had published in a local paper that everyone ignored.
When we grew up, at the end of each school year every teacher inventoried their school books and made a list of all books that needed to be replaced. Sent this list to the secretary who had the principal approve it and called a distribution company to buy the books, When the books are delivered to the school all the teachers and the administration went to the store room and broke down the pallet and each walked away with the books needed for that year.
Suddenly someone noticed we were paying to much for each book and we could save 2 dollars a book if we had the entire school district order their books together. So we try it, we hire a guy for 25,000 a year to buy the books and seeing how we were paying 50,000 a year for books we have a success as 50 minus 25 is 25. But we need to look at the total cost of this.
let us start with the -25,000 we have, and add the place we need to have the books centrally delivered to, after all this is to much work to have one school get them. SO the 19,000 for the warehouse is added in and we still have a savings of 6,000, or -6,000 a year cost. But now we need a delivery guy and the yearly cost of a truck, lets put that at 24,000, we are now at 18,000 dollar cost. Seeing how we have a warehouse we need a receptionist for the guys and we add 15,000, total 33,000. Now who could refuse a secretary and a janitor? cost has risen to 71,000 dollars and is a huge success as the books get centrally bought, divided, delivered and the load of work is diminished on all the secretaries and teachers, they all tout the system but someone notices there is no supervision on this new department so they add a department head and a secretary for him, cost is now 140,000 dollars for the department that runs efficiently and saves money. So they see how nice this works and how this department runs so great saving them 50 thousand a year and decide to develop one for the janitor department, they figure they could save another 50,000 a year. So they start a one for the Janitors, however it is a system of needing supplies once a week ordered and delivered and they need a few more trucks and delivery guys, now this department cost after savings 195,000 dollars.
so we now take 195,000 add 140,000 and get 335,000 dollars of waste after saving 100,000 dollars, but seeing how we are saving money we go and add for daily supplies, soon we are wasting over a million dollars a year at each and every school district in California, all coming out of the general fund. No one in the system will blow a whistle because the realize that the job they hold is based on the same waste of money, If they complain, someone may pull the rug from under them. So they go one with the madness and ignore it fearing for their job.
now we want 3 more dollars to go to the school classroom, we have to vote in 24 dollars.
And that is how government works, each and every department there is. Bleeding us all of everything we have and having to find new ways to tax the public.
Have you not noticed no one in the legislature will take a tax cut to pay for a new program? And if they find a way to cut cost it is political suicide as they take money out of a program and people get upset. Ever notice if we vote in a temporary tax, how it becomes permanent?
Want to pay 15 bucks for that campsite you are paying 20 plus 9 admin fees in 2012? Vote out every person in office this November and sent the message we have had enough.

Last edited:
Tea Party like?
It's just a downward spiral and seems to be picking up pace.:mad:

Remember; the revolution is not being televised.:cool:

I just got hit by some of this trying to get a group campground, they want 9 bucks to book it through a non Forest Service website.

Get used to it. Forrest service is out of the loop, Can't remember the last one I saw but it's been years. Have you bought a fishing license lately?
$41.20 resident w/no stamps, and how many fish and game personel have I seen in the last 6+ trips-Zero. Last season I was ranting and raving over the $41.20 cuse the fishing was terrible, saw zero trout plants in 3+ weeks of camping! Oh ya and my wife's best friends husband is a fish and game leutenant and he just got a new truck and is set to retire soon with full saleried pention.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks