Rockhpr

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
87 Jeep XTC
mostly cj
part xj
part tj
Wondering what bump stop options people have used. I have a 86 CJ7 with 4" of lift. I need to add longer bump stops and trying to decide what options I have. I mostly do rock crawling in Moab low speed. Dont know if I want to go to hydraulic or not. I am willing to spend the money if I should. Also wondering about mounting options. I have the ability to weld them onto the frame or drill and tap new bolt holes.
Thanks in advance.

Suspension Bump Stops
If you lift the body a bit you can avoid some of the rubbing while keeping the center of gravity lower than a large spring lift. My 35s do rub on the trails but are not getting torn up. The front end is set so when I turn hard and the tires will rub on the springs but are not getting damaged.
Rubbing is fine Damage is not.

Resurrecting this thread.

I recently put OME springs, 5" shackles, and 33s on my 84 CJ7 (a little over 3" lift from the previous stock setup). No body lift.

I took it out for some rocky but tame wheeling and got a lot of rubbing on the rear. Parked a back tire on a rock in a way that I was maybe a 1/2 inch shy of rubbing. Measured it and there is 7" between the frame and top of axle. That feels like a lot of extension for a bump stop, especially given my relatively mild lift.

First, am I doing something wrong? Short of a body lift, is there any way to reduce the amount of extension I need?

Assuming the answer to my first question is "no", how/where do I go to get a 7" bumpstop? Teamrush, I like your idea of using rubber tubes. Can you point me to what, specifically, you are using?
Are you running stock wheels or aftermarket with offset/spacers?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom