Building a Beach Cruiser

Building a Beach Cruiser

BeachCruiser

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ7 V8 custom rebuilt automatic
This is my first post, so please take it easy on me, but I do appreciate feedback, as I'm getting up to speed with this forum's etiquette :notworthy:

My buddy and I are rebuilding a 1979 CJ7 I purchased earlier this year. Besides the fiberglass body and the custom V8 engine, everything else is being gutted out and rebuilt, including brake system, fuel system, steering column, dashboard, and electricals.

Brand new sound system is in the works. I will post pictures and add more details. However, one thing I need help from this forum. I haven't been able to find a matching spare wheel to mount in the back of the Jeep (it was missing, and you know a CJ with no spare wheel, is like a gorgeous lady with a not-so-shapely behind :D)

The four rims currently on the car are Centerline 15" diameter x 12.5", 5 x 5.5 log pattern. A couple of pictures are attached. I appreciate any help from this forum on where I can find these wheels, as they don't seem to be common or available anywhere online. Or perhaps someone has one kicking around in their garage. Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20150329_165511.369.jpg
    IMG_20150329_165511.369.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_20150329_165530.023.jpg
    IMG_20150329_165530.023.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 159
I have the same wheels and the same problem. With that size tire the wheel itself is probably a 15x10. You'll have to find them for sale used. They don't make them anymore.

Looks like a Ford rim. Try a junk yard for a rim off a Ford Truck. I had a set on my Bronco. Several vehicles have a 5 x 5.5 bolt pattern. Be careful of the center hole size though.

That's kinda ironic...I have the same rims and the same problem, lol, must have been a popular option at some point. Never thought to actually look for a matching rim. Do the Fords have the same backspacing and what not?

Sounds like the OP, Petescj and Techlight need to get together and decide who want's new wheels the most - then the other two buy 2 each off that person so they have a spare/spare and the seller has a good chunk of his new wheels paid for. :D

OR, scour SearchTempest: Search all of Craigslist nationwide & more and find one out there in the land of Craigslist and Ebay. One will turn up.

I have a set of 4 maybe even 5 of them

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks