Brakes on 04 dodge

Brakes on 04 dodge

Old Dog

Always Off-Roading Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
83 CJ7 350 tbi, TH350, D300 twin sticked & clocked, narrowed Chief D44 Eaton Elocker & Moser shafts, Explorer 8.8 Detroit locker, 410's, RE 4.5" spring lift 1" body lift, 35" Claws, cage tied to frame, Corbeau baja seats, HD tie rod and draglink, u-bolts flipped, custom skid plate and sliders, Warn 9.5ti winch with Amsteel synthetic line
Hey guys, I'm trying to do the rear disc brakes on a 2004 1500 dodge. The problem I'm having is the caliper piston doesn't want to compress enough to go back over the new pads. (It doesn't look like it's compressing all the way) Is there some kind of relief valve in the system I don't know about? I don't see anything but....:confused:

did you open the master cylinder to let air out?

I'm wondering if the proportional valve has shifted not letting the fluid go back.Not being real savy on it but you might have to loosen the brake line at the caliper and bleed off the pressure.
I have found a lot of info on theses 2 forums.
www.powerstrokenation.com
www.dodgeforum.com
Mike

Yea I thought about that. tried to loosen the bleader but it didn't want to.
I chickend out before I broke it off.

I got it today after work, had to loosen the bleader to get the piston all the way in.:confused: I really thought they were going to twist off instead of comming loose, but I got lucky for a change.
Thanks for the advice guys.

One of the first mods I do to a vehicle is to install speed bleeders. They are bleeders with a check valve built in. Loosen bleeder and push in the caliper or slave cylinder. Gets rid of the contaninated brake fluid that collects at the caliper due to heat and won't send it back into the system. You can also bleed your brakes by yourself. They also make them in stainless steel
Best place to find them is direct from speed bleeder or Summit.

There is a weight on wheels switch/valve attached to the bed of the truck that meters the amount of fluid/pressure that goes to the back brakes of the Dodge trucks so that an unloaded truck wont get the full brake power available but when you load the truck down it opens that valve and allows all the fluid to go to the calipers.....sounds like it stood in your way :D

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks