BOAT GUYS......little help please..

BOAT GUYS......little help please..

coldwater

Crazy Sr. Respected Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
04 Grand, Dodge 2500 CTD, 78 CJ7
So..I dragged my boat out from under the tarp last weekend only to find that It's a nasty mess! Need suggestions for a fiberglass cleaner, hopefully one I can maybe spray on and hose off???

So..I dragged my boat out from under the tarp last weekend only to find that It's a nasty mess! Need suggestions for a fiberglass cleaner, hopefully one I can maybe spray on and hose off???

What color is your boat??
just white there are a few diffrent things that work great
West Marine: On & Off Hull/Bottom Cleaner Product Display 710&Ne=0&Ntt=hull cleaner&Ntk=Primary Search&Ntx=mode matchallpartial&Nao=0&Ns=0&keyword=hull cleaner&isLTokenURL=true&storeNum=33&subdeptNum=34&classNum=34#

It's white, inside and out. It has green and black stains all over holy hell and is just nasty in general! You think that stuff will clean everything? Man I hope I don't have to do every bit of this with a rag and elbow grease :(

And if you have any running rust use the WORKS toilet bowl cleaner

Thats actually another option for getting the grap off

Check the boat section of sporting goods in walmart or in automotive.
They carry stuff like that.

POR-15 Marine Clean, from what I hear its the best thing for marine cleaning problems...

If it is just a mold or algea stain take some diluted bleach and spray the areas, let sit for a short time and rinse, repeat.

My OLD boat was left a little to long as well, and I am pretty sure I used POR-15 Marine Clean (Like what mylittlecj5 said) or something close to that to pretty it up again. Although I am sorry to say, that was a LONG time ago...

ACE Hardware sells a vinyl siding cleaning product. Runs about 1/3 the cost of boat related products (typical). It removes all those 'stains' generally associated with rust and what have you. Pour some on a spot and it will vanish in about 5 seconds. Citric based compound..not harmful though it does sting if you get it in a cut. Wish I could remember the name but got rid of my boat a couple years ago and some of my memory went with it.:(

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks