Bestop Tiger top

Bestop Tiger top

penster1

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1980 cj5
258 cu 4 speed
I have had my CJ5 for 3 years and every winter I install the Bestop Tiger Top.
Usually some of the snaps are a pain but it usually takes about 1 hour. This year I waited until today to install top and what a pain. It was almost impossible to stretch top enough to snap. Finally resorted to hair dryer and help from the wife. Hard to believe it shrunk that much.

Have not took mine off for about a year, if I do it will not go back on, the best time is a Indian Summer Day or in a heated garage. The Velcro on the door up rights is only holding at the top. A top only lasts 4 -5 years in Oregon unless kept in a garage, and Armor-All every chance you get.
It still looks new, but shrunk like a kids shirt on a full grown man.

i have also had the same problem with the tiger top (on my 2a) takes me about an hour to install (real pain when the storm is rolling in and its getting dark) did my super top on my CJ5 today and it was easy took 20 minutes (i did put the windows in the heated shop)

I used to hate putting the tiger top on my 8. Have since replaced it with an STC half soft top. That tiger top was a pain to stretch tight unless it was a nice warm sunny day. And even then you had to do it with the bows relaxed and snap the top down before putting the tallest bow in its final location.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks