Best lift kits for the money?

Best lift kits for the money?
I was watching some YouTube today. Browsing the CJ7 vids. and came across one that caught my eye on the suspension. Very nice jeep! He had dual shocks on both sides on the front. Got me wondering. He had to of custom made it, or maybe not. Either way, i've never seen that and thought it was pretty cool.

dual shocks have no purpose on a jeep, a single shock is sufficient. you'd end up having a VERY stiff suspension and little articulating ability.

Here's another question about my suspension. I have 2 in. lift blocks that go between the leaf spring and the axle. Has anyone ever used them? Or any ideas on them. I never even knew what they were til i was browsing through my parents garage and i guess they use to be on another jeep of ours.

Here's another question about my suspension. I have 2 in. lift blocks that go between the leaf spring and the axle. Has anyone ever used them? Or any ideas on them. I never even knew what they were til i was browsing through my parents garage and i guess they use to be on another jeep of ours.
A 2" block between the spring and the axle? Has your Jeep been altered to a SOA (Spring Over Axle) setup? A block placed between the springs and axle on a normal Jeep setup would LOWER the Jeep (move the leaf spring down). Are you sure they are flat blocks and not a wedge to correct for driveshaft angle? If they are a wedge, 2" is really a large amount...

Can you take a picture?

That may not even be where they belong. I have NO clue. I'm going to try to stuff the jeep in the garage here in a few and try to get some pics going.

A 2" block between the spring and the axle? Has your Jeep been altered to a SOA (Spring Over Axle) setup? A block placed between the springs and axle on a normal Jeep setup would LOWER the Jeep (move the leaf spring down). Are you sure they are flat blocks and not a wedge to correct for driveshaft angle? If they are a wedge, 2" is really a large amount...

Can you take a picture?

TRUE THIS! Those blocks prolly came off of a pickup truck, unless like CJ said, you had SOA in the past. Eather way, those lift blocks were all the rage quite a few years ago, and half the pickup trucks you saw lifted were pearched up on them, in various completely unsafe heights! When I lived in NC years ago, I was riding with a buddy in his 75 Chevy pickup that had 6" blocks under it. He saw some girl he had been trying to go out with at a McDonalds, and cut into the parking lot way too fast, being all like :punk: I thought the damn truck was going to roll over, but instead, it fell off the blocks!! I was like :eek: then when I saw I wasen't going to die I was like :mad: When he saw what it did to his truck he was all :( and the girls were like :laugh: What a frikkin disaster! They are tough on the suspension, and not very safe if you ask me. Anything over 1" shouldn't be seriously considdered. It's just a cheap shortcut to add cool looking lift.*

*not to flame block users, but to this day, before getting into a lifted Chevy truck, I look under it first! :D

Last edited:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks