Best GPS for 4 wheeling?

Best GPS for 4 wheeling?
Funny, of the 40 or 50 guys I know running a GPS and owning by the majority Garmin units, I finally find that we are running Lowerence units. Well we Southern Californians must be confused about the units we bought.

I was mostly referring to the off road racers, not the 4x4 crowd.

well general statements can make you look that way, glad you straitened that out.
If I had the need for more info than a good cross over unit gives me, I would look for more.
But it seems that most guys are looking for a 2 to 3 hundred dollar unit pre loaded with national maps and also can be used on the road.
Lowrance is my choice for Boating navigation, but then a few feet is also important to me then as to a off road racer it would be. And a GPS that needs regional maps would drive up cost.
With those issues in mind, I believe the more common system of road based GPS with topo maps loaded in it would fit the bill better.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks