Awnings

Awnings

Randun

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
2000 4Runner and a 1969 Beetle
I'm thinking about getting an awning. Do any of you have one on your rigs? If so, what are the pros and cons of having an awning that is mounted to your vehicle at all times?

Thank you all so much for your time and your help!

Did you mean to post this on an RV forum, or are you referring to something like a full canvas top or a bikini top?

Ok. I use a hitch mounted umbrella, but it doesn't provide near as much coverage. I'm assuming that's not left rolled up and affixed while you drive, but dismantled and stored in a bag?

Ok. I use a hitch mounted umbrella, but it doesn't provide near as much coverage. I'm assuming that's not left rolled up and affixed while you drive, but dismantled and stored in a bag?
No, it is left on the vehicle at all times. Could you remove it and store it in a bag, sure. However, that is not what it is intended for.

I have never seen one on a CJ, but they are very popular on the JKU for over-landing. The attach to a roof rack mounted on the hard top. I think they may be to "long" for a CJ.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks