Misc. Aqualu going out of business

Misc. Aqualu going out of business

Petescj

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ-7 258 / T-18 / Dana 300 31 in All Terrains.
1978 CJ-7 304 / TH 400 / Quadratrac 32 in Mud Terrains
Big bummer for the makers of aluminum replacement tubs. Hoping to get an aluminum storage tailgate before they shut the doors.

http://www.aqualu.com/

I knew they were closing, but what is the item you talk about ?

Interesting. Never seen that one. What is the thickness if you happen to know ? Not that I need the logo on something like that since most of it is blocked by the spare, is the Jeep logo on it ? I would think not.

No logo on the outside. The outer material is 5/32" and the inside material is 1/8" thick. Lots of pics here of the inside and outside both: Tailgate Pics

Thanks TSB8C !

Yea, those tailgates are cool. Normal tailgate on the outside with a lockable storage compartment inside.
View attachment 78381
Yeah thats it. I still have a crappy rusty Yj tailgate on mine so Id love one of these. 👍🏻

Yeah thats it. I still have a crappy rusty Yj tailgate on mine so Id love one of these. 👍🏻
I hope those fit better than the Aqualu grill I purchased for my 3B. That was made 5/16" too short and with the larger 2A/3A headlight cutouts. A lot of massaging, hole filling/welding, to make a pretty expensive part fit. The only plus side was losing 20 something lbs. It ended up looking ok and will eventually get some paint when I get a couple of fenders built.
51767541893_2e3e905f91_b.jpg

I hope those fit better than the Aqualu grill I purchased for my 3B. That was made 5/16" too short and with the larger 2A/3A headlight cutouts. A lot of massaging, hole filling/welding, to make a pretty expensive part fit. The only plus side was losing 20 something lbs. It ended up looking ok and will eventually get some paint when I get a couple of fenders built.
51767541893_2e3e905f91_b.jpg

Bummer. 1st Ive heard of someone having a quality issue with them. And your correct , costs enough that Id excpect a perfect fit. No excuse but Im sure a lot of places arent up on 3b parts.

Idve never known the headlight difference myself and I had a 2a. Or I knew back then but forgot since. I havent shaved my head in awhile and it grew out almost completely gray. 😁

Bummer. 1st Ive heard of someone having a quality issue with them. And your correct , costs enough that Id excpect a perfect fit. No excuse but Im sure a lot of places arent up on 3b parts.

Idve never known the headlight difference myself and I had a 2a. Or I knew back then but forgot since. I havent shaved my head in awhile and it grew out almost completely gray. 😁
The 2A/3A headlight bezels are a lot wider than the 3B's and the resulting mounting holes in the aluminum grill were not covered up. 3B's use the same bezels as the concurrent CJ5/6, wagons and pickups. Unfortunately, the missing 5/16's in that grill height required 1/4" spacers along the sloped portions of the fender mounts. I essentially used 1/4" polyurethane strip for fender welting.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom