Misc. Aqualu going out of business

Misc. Aqualu going out of business

Petescj

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ-7 258 / T-18 / Dana 300 31 in All Terrains.
1978 CJ-7 304 / TH 400 / Quadratrac 32 in Mud Terrains
Big bummer for the makers of aluminum replacement tubs. Hoping to get an aluminum storage tailgate before they shut the doors.

http://www.aqualu.com/

I knew they were closing, but what is the item you talk about ?

Interesting. Never seen that one. What is the thickness if you happen to know ? Not that I need the logo on something like that since most of it is blocked by the spare, is the Jeep logo on it ? I would think not.

No logo on the outside. The outer material is 5/32" and the inside material is 1/8" thick. Lots of pics here of the inside and outside both: Tailgate Pics

Thanks TSB8C !

Yea, those tailgates are cool. Normal tailgate on the outside with a lockable storage compartment inside.
View attachment 78381
Yeah thats it. I still have a crappy rusty Yj tailgate on mine so Id love one of these. 👍🏻

Yeah thats it. I still have a crappy rusty Yj tailgate on mine so Id love one of these. 👍🏻
I hope those fit better than the Aqualu grill I purchased for my 3B. That was made 5/16" too short and with the larger 2A/3A headlight cutouts. A lot of massaging, hole filling/welding, to make a pretty expensive part fit. The only plus side was losing 20 something lbs. It ended up looking ok and will eventually get some paint when I get a couple of fenders built.
51767541893_2e3e905f91_b.jpg

I hope those fit better than the Aqualu grill I purchased for my 3B. That was made 5/16" too short and with the larger 2A/3A headlight cutouts. A lot of massaging, hole filling/welding, to make a pretty expensive part fit. The only plus side was losing 20 something lbs. It ended up looking ok and will eventually get some paint when I get a couple of fenders built.
51767541893_2e3e905f91_b.jpg

Bummer. 1st Ive heard of someone having a quality issue with them. And your correct , costs enough that Id excpect a perfect fit. No excuse but Im sure a lot of places arent up on 3b parts.

Idve never known the headlight difference myself and I had a 2a. Or I knew back then but forgot since. I havent shaved my head in awhile and it grew out almost completely gray. 😁

Bummer. 1st Ive heard of someone having a quality issue with them. And your correct , costs enough that Id excpect a perfect fit. No excuse but Im sure a lot of places arent up on 3b parts.

Idve never known the headlight difference myself and I had a 2a. Or I knew back then but forgot since. I havent shaved my head in awhile and it grew out almost completely gray. 😁
The 2A/3A headlight bezels are a lot wider than the 3B's and the resulting mounting holes in the aluminum grill were not covered up. 3B's use the same bezels as the concurrent CJ5/6, wagons and pickups. Unfortunately, the missing 5/16's in that grill height required 1/4" spacers along the sloped portions of the fender mounts. I essentially used 1/4" polyurethane strip for fender welting.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks