Amc 360 harmonic balancer question

Amc 360 harmonic balancer question

canuckcj5

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
76 body,81 frame, bored & stroked 366ci, d44/M20, chromoly everything, 35`s d300 twin sticked with 4.1,np435 trans,locked front and rear on 35`s
So a while back I had a can gear explode in my cj which sucked, so I'm now just wrapping it up, I bought new cam gears, timing set & chain, oil pan came off and cleaned all that out, new water pump, now putting the harmonic balancer on, which I should have taken a picture of but didn't, I can't recall if the balancer goes flush with the end of the crank or not, as of right now, the pulleys are perfectly lined up, as in the picture below,

E4A34DBA-E4D3-40E6-92D5-EF1BAB81251C_zps5v5foss3.jpg

Yet the harmonic balancer is about a 1/4" from being flush to the crankshaft, as in the picture below
C40F4F28-D187-4C14-BAF9-569FD6E70774_zpsvwsfgoqp.jpg

Now I'm not sure if it's supposed to be all the way on or not, and I'm hoping someone can shine some light on this for me, also does anyone know the auctually torque spec on the harmonic balancer bolt? I've looked online and read one post says 210ft/lbs, one says 90 ft/lbs, another said 70ft/lbs, so I'm not sure, any help would be greatly appreciated, trucks been sitting for 2 months while I've been waiting for parts and this is the last "peice" to the puzzle,

Nick,

Damper Bolt = 55' lbs.
Pulley Bolts = 23' lbs.

It is not supposed to be flush.

Beauty!! Then I put it on right haha thank u

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks