Diff AMC 20 Fill Plug

Differentials
Diff AMC 20 Fill Plug

CCKCJ785

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ7, 4.2L 258
Any help or ideas to remove this fill plug will be appreciated. Does anyone know the proper Allen head size? Can't drain it till I can fill it. Just got the CJAMC 20 Fill Plug.jpg

i believe it's a torques bit. but for that one id weld a nut to it and use a 6 point socket to remove it

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

The one on mine was a 1/2 inch square recessed hole and I just used a 1/2in breaker bar and some heat to loosen it up. I ended up replacing it with a plug that has a 1/2 in square head that I can get a wrench on

3/8 ". I keep a string tied to that one so I don't have to guess each time

Not sure how to PM you sorry. Glad to have it but not necessary hate to see it go to waste. Thank you
In xenforo pm's are called 'conversations'. Just hover over the user name and you can start one.

Won't be a waste if you can use it...has a good threaded Allen head plug

if he doesnt want it i can use it

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks