95 Grand Cherokee Laredo wont start

95 Grand Cherokee Laredo wont start

Johnny AZ

Jeeper
Thanks
New to the site so I hope I'm in the right section. I just backed into my driveway with my 95 Grand Cherokee Laredo and when I put the jeep into park the engine died and will not start. I have power but engine wont turn over. Not even a click from the starter. Battery is new. Been running fine with no problems up to this point. Any ideas?

Johnny - This is primarily a CJ board. With the huge experience here you might get your answers, I hope you do, but the Cherokee is a very different beast so maybe not. Sorry, good luck with your problem.

WELCOME :chug:
WHY, did you replace the battery to begin with?:confused:
LG

I had an issue like that with a '96 4.0 Grand and it turned out to be the crank position sensor which yours should have be replaced by now. I hear similar symptoms can come from a bad cam position sensor also.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks