77 CJ5 Fuse chart ?

77 CJ5 Fuse chart ?

Bunky67

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1977 CJ5 304 V8 3 speed Trans Fiberglass front end,
Well I got my new gauge installed for my fuel and it appears to work, now I need to figure out what size fuse should go into the fuse panel so this doesn't happen again, they had a 20 amp in there but I know this is not correct,

Does someone have a diagram or Chart of the Fuse panel so I can Check and change the fuses to the correct amperage ???

Thanks for the fuse info You wouldn't happen to have the rest of the fuse info ? I just want to make sure the Previous owner hasn't replace the others with the wrong size fuses,

Ac/heater. 25 amp

Backup lamps. 15 amp
Cigar lighter

Cluster/brake failure. 3 amp
Parking brake warning.

Headlamps. Circuit breaker
(25 amp)

Panel lights. 3 amp

Radio. 10 amp

Tail stop lamps. 20 amp

You fine gents wouldn't happen to have a diagram of the fuse box would you? I put in a new radio in my CJ5 and the fuel gauge and temp gauge don't work anymore. I'm hoping it's just a blown fuse. But I don't know where the fuse for those gauges is.

You fine gents wouldn't happen to have a diagram of the fuse box would you? I put in a new radio in my CJ5 and the fuel gauge and temp gauge don't work anymore. I'm hoping it's just a blown fuse. But I don't know where the fuse for those gauges is.

This should be enough to figure out what’s up with the gages but 9 times out of 10 the problem has something to do with the connector link between the fuel and temp gages. See fig 3-61 on page 2 of the Instrument Cluster sheets.

Thanks a bunch for all that info Saddle Tramp. I pulled my front seats out tonight so I can get up under the dash and do a little inspecting tomorrow.

The Fuse your looking for to run the fuel and temperature gauge is the one on the bottom right corner, not sure what its marked but it's only a 3 amp fuse if I remember correctly

This should be enough to figure out what’s up with the gages but 9 times out of 10 the problem has something to do with the connector link between the fuel and temp gages. See fig 3-61 on page 2 of the Instrument Cluster sheets.

The connector link is prone to going bad quite often? This is common?...

The connector link is prone to going bad quite often? This is common?...

Not too often but seems to be an issue for some reason; it can be corrosion, nuts coming loose, or the connector breaking. I can’t tell you why but this where I start.

OK. I've been dealing with the non-functioning gas gauge as I don't drive the CJ too much. But, I just noticed the defrost/heat/air doesn't work either. The wipers, oil gauge, and battery gauge are all still good. Knowing this, can I narrow it down to something else or should I still be looking at the connector link??

I don't know much about the connector link. So I'm not help there.
But does the temperature gauge work? Its powered off the fuel gauge. So if work's then you have a gauge,wiring, ground or sending unit issue.

The heater is run off a different circuit so it would be something be another issue.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks