Diff 4we only??

Differentials
Diff 4we only??

Kenhammer67

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
‘78 CJ7, 305, T150, D20
I was driving my 78cj7 when I heard a loud whine then I had no forward motion switched to 4wd and drove home? How can I tell if I blew the rear end or spun the axle or did my transfer case take a :dung:?? I have 305 with A T-150 tranny and an AMC20 rear with 4:10 gears not 100% sure which transfer caseworker

First welcome! If it's mostly stock the TC would be a Dana 20. If I had to guess rearend, if you still have 2 piece axles, spun a hub.

Based on the Limited description, I'm gonna go with spun a rear axle. I blew a rear end in a 78 Bronco once.... Definitely was NOT a whine.......

It's like coming home again!!! Via Tapatalk

Have someone see if the nut in the middle of your rear wheels is spinning instead of the vehicle moving.
Spun/stripped drive (wheel) flanges aren't unusual on the axles of AMC20 differentials.

Thanks finally was able to put it up on jack stands and here is what I found both rear tires spun at idle but I was able to stop then with holding the tire even with a little speed I was able to hand stop the tires guessing the axles are done for.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$210.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom