Trans 4 speed trans identifying

Trans 4 speed trans identifying

Jond417

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
77 CJ7
I have a CJ7. I think I have a T176 trans, given that the stick comes up at an angle and it’s a 4 speed with reverse down on the passenger side. It has a tag on the right side with the numbers

RHLK3

Is this enough info to determine which trans I have?

Thanks

:welcome:
5359390 = T176 3.52 1st gear from 81 ~ 86 with a straight lever and an aluminum case (Link)-> Manual CJ Transmissions -< . 1977 stock 4 speed is a T-18 (Link)-> Manual CJ Transmissions -<
BUT, to be sure.
Do you have a VIN?
Have you looked at our database?

:welcome:
5359390 = T176 3.52 1st gear from 81 ~ 86 with a straight lever and an aluminum case (Link)-> Manual CJ Transmissions -< . 1977 stock 4 speed is a T-18 (Link)-> Manual CJ Transmissions -<
BUT, to be sure.
Do you have a VIN?
Have you looked at our database?
1977 vin plate but I think this thing was pieced together. It has a 360 in it. And I was able to finally read the left side of the case and it is 2604203.

Vin J7F93AA117877.

Thank you

My next issue with this is the bell housing. The socket for the ball bearing pivot is worn pretty bad. I am having difficulty locating the same bell housing to replace it. The part number on the one I have is 3233824. It has the 4.84" opening and a 3.5" x 3.5" opening for the clutch arm. I have located a bell housing with the correct opening size but the opening for the clutch arm is somewhat narrower. That part number is 3223278. Will it work with this set up?

It should work as long as it has the Ford bolt pattern (8.5" width top / 9.25" width bottom X 6.3") Because of the shift arm opening difference you will need the correct boot and you may have some starter flange interference that may need to be trimmed.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks