Suspension 38" To wheel arch opening on 33" tires - so how much suspension lift do I have?

Suspension 38" To wheel arch opening on 33" tires - so how much suspension lift do I have?

NotTJ

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1978 CJ7 258 T150 D20 D30 AMC20 33" Yoko MT
My wheel openings measure 38 inches from the ground. This was with new 33" tires. There is no body lift on my Jeep. So how much suspension lift do I have?

No body lift - but do you have stock shackle lengths, or longer ones, plus lift springs? Here's how to tell:

Stock shackles on a CJ are 3" center to center on the bolt holes. Because shackles are only on one end of the spring, the lift they give you is half of the extra length beyond the 3" stock. i,e. a 4" shackle will give you 1/2" of lift, a 5" shackle will give you 1" of lift.

Stock CJ height from ground to rocker panel is 18". Stock tire size was 29". If running larger tires than stock, measure from ground to rocker and subtract that 18" amount plus half the difference your tire size is over stock. i.e. running 33" tires means you are 4" over the stock 29" size. So measure the distance from the ground to the rocker, subtract the initial 18" and then subtract 2" more for the oversize tires. The remainder is the overall combined lift from suspension, shackles, also body lift if you had any (or whatever combination you have).

I am running a 4" suspension lift with 35" tires. I'm sitting at 25" total distance from the ground to the bottom of the rockers. So the math is 25" total height, minus the 18 stock height it started at, minus 3" for tires (my tires are 6" over stock height), leaving 4" of lift. Since I know I have no body lift and stock length shackles, I know I have 4" lifted springs. Of course these springs also required the drop pitman arm, longer shocks, longer sway bar connects, and TC drop spacers. Some other tell-tale signs as well.

I am looking to figure out what lift my springs have. I do have longer shackles I think 5 3/8" but want to know what springs I have. No body lift and 33s.

Read what TSB8C wrote above ^^^^^^^^^^

Read what TSB8C wrote above ^^^^^^^^^^
My Jeep is on jack stands as I wait for a lot of parts so looking to find out lift based on comparables. If there aren't comparables (38" to fender lip/no body lift/X amount of shackle) then I think I'll be back on wheels this week so calculating per @TSB8C of the link above will happen.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks