2nd Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ.com Trail Ride

Will you make it to the Jeep-CJ.com trail ride in Colorado?

• Total voters
2nd Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ.com Trail Ride
img_0643.jpg

Are you going to stop at a motel or drive strait through?
And if you are worried about a flux capacitor, I have an extra one you can borrow. They are hard to find in the small mountain towns around here.
:chug:

Hey IO, I can't believe your not getting the full cj experience and driving it there and back.:rolleyes:

been there and done that, I was about 25 and it still took a week to stand up straight after I got back home.:D

Hey IO, I can't believe your not getting the full cj experience and driving it there and back.:rolleyes:

I'm loading up the jeep now. The weather looks perfect, blue skies few clouds. Most mornings have great weather around here. But then in the afternoon it often clouds up and maybe rains. For that reason I plan on heading out early each day for the trail rides.

At one time there were several people that had motel confirmations and were all set. Recent cancellations were a bit disappointing. Now it looks like there will only be 2 or 3 jeeps on the trail rides.
IO is in route now and Dan lives nearby.
There are actually very few members living near me. I think that's why there gets to be a lot of enthusiasm about coming on these mountain trail rides but when it comes down to it, it really is hard to drive several hours or a couple of days to get here.

What really sucks is that I do not get to be with my friends! Yes you all my friends!

This is the most expensive vacation I have NEVER taken... Just the plane ticket cost me $800 !

You guys had talked about doing again next year? Would it be in CO again?

Because I'm gonna push to get mine ready for next year.

You guys had talked about doing again next year? Would it be in CO again?

Because I'm gonna push to get mine ready for next year.
Yes, we have these in different spots across the country. I know Baja Edition had one in California. Next year there should be a few. And yes, I'm thinking of doing it again here in SW Colorado.

I am typing this from Ouray Colorado. I will start a separate thread with the trail report and pictures.
:D

Well not to take sides for next year but if you have it in CO next year, COUNT ME IN

Awesome day of trail rides on the 2nd Colorado Trail Ride (I'm still in Ouray).
Me and IO took Black Bear Pass and it was difficult. I will start a separate thread with the details. I took lots of pictures that I can post when I get home. Tomorrow we will be meeting up with Dan (djohnbb62) and his wife for more trail rides.

Can't wait to see the pics.

I really wanted to go as well but am glad I did not commit as I lost a close family member last week and would have had to pull out. Sometimes things happen for a reason, but I am excited about seeing and hearing all about it! :drool:

What really sucks is that I do not get to be with my friends! Yes you all my friends!

This is the most expensive vacation I have NEVER taken... Just the plane ticket cost me $800 !
I finally logged back in to look at the pics of the trip. I've been sulking all week! Rob was actually pretty cool with me after not being able to go. He and I were pretty disapointed that the tranny blew- but after talking about it, I guess its better that it happened down here instead of on the trail up there. Second gear teeth were chipped and some missing. Busa, I have a little something I was planning on bringing to give you, PM me your address and I'll send it up. I have not gave in on this happening sometime in the future even if it isnt sactioned, I plan on getting up there and wheeling in the moun tains. I know it was awesome, so show off the pictures! Miss you guys! have a great Labor Day Weekend! -Your friend, Ken

Hey Dave...maybe I missed it, but what was the turnout for the event?
The outcome was fantastic. We had a great time. A couple cancellations just the week before made the event a little smaller than I would have liked but we had a blast. Check out this link:
http://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f63/2nd-annual-colorado-jeep-cj-com-trail-report-15621/

BTW, what town do you live in alpha6? Join us for the 3rd Annual Jeep-CJ Trail Ride.
Or if you are near Durango or Silverton any other time let me know. I can show you the trails around here.

I am in Basalt. Right now I am planning on making it next year. I still have lots to do to get my rig ready, but heck...that's what winters are for. Right now my CJ7 is getting the cancer cut out of it in GJ, so getting down to four corners or hooking up somewhere else would be great. One of the reasons I joined this forum was to meet up with other jeep nuts in Colorado and hit the back trails...I love this state.

One of the coolest parts of the ride was that we had no mechanical problems that were of any consequence. In fact I think my over heating problem was the worst thing to happen and that caused us to stop a couple of times to take pictures for 10 minutes or so at the top of long grades.

this is quite an accomplishment, Dan's 64 is immaculate and Dave's CJ is so well suited to this environment that it is almost scary.

so don't forget the Loktite and Hurricane pass is not the place to be sorting out your ignition switch.:D

I want to be able to put a Poughkeepsie gulch sticker on my dash next year.:cool:

Hey IO,

I was wondering if you had to do any adjustments to your carb for your trip. I have been researching the heck out of carbs for one to replace my POS Carter. I see you put in a MC2100, but reading, I found that the MC2150 has an altitude compensator...

Anything I should be looking at for the switch? I live at 8200 ft, the valley floor is at around 6500 at it's lowest and it just gets higher after that.

I did, but not enough. The MC2100 is a good carb and a great upgrade. I am not sure I would use the altitude compensating carb but that's just me. don't think it would be worth the trouble.

The good news , for me, was that I spent most of the time just above idle so the jets didn't come into play that much unless I was on the asphalt.

yes, look for a carburetor, not being funny. find a carb in a grave yard and put a kit in it. Building your own carb is fun,easy, rewarding, gratifying and a heck of a lot less expensive than buying a new or rebuilt one. The carb, kit and a gallon can of cleaner set me back about $100. If you are going to go the new carb route I would go with the Holly 2 Bbl. as it is really the same design and a bit easier to find parts(jets) for. :cool:

Hey IO,

I was wondering if you had to do any adjustments to your carb for your trip. I have been researching the heck out of carbs for one to replace my POS Carter. I see you put in a MC2100, but reading, I found that the MC2150 has an altitude compensator...

Anything I should be looking at for the switch? I live at 8200 ft, the valley floor is at around 6500 at it's lowest and it just gets higher after that.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks