2.5 inch lift - what needs to be done?

2.5 inch lift - what needs to be done?

JeeperChris

Old Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'79 CJ5, 258 I6, T150 w/Dana20, Dana30 front and AMC20 rear. My first Jeep! I'm looking forward to doing some minor upgrades and restoration while enjoying the ride.
Do all the stock pieces work with a 2.5 inch spring lift? Brake lines, drive shafts... etc?

If not, what needs to be changed?

As it is, my CJ5 sits tilted down on the drivers side. I'm guessing that's from 40 years of a driver and not many passengers. If I'm going to put new springs on it to level it out, might as well get a little lift in there if I don't have to change anything else right now.

Thanks

None of that changed when I did mine. Things change when you go bigger.

None of that changed when I did mine. Things change when you go bigger.

Thanks, that's what i remember reading on here but wanted to double-check before i started buying anything. I really want it to sit level again and i can't see getting new springs if they don't go up just a little.

Most of the springs sets can be ordered as a kit, I would order brake lines too, if they haven't been replaced in 25+ yrs it's time.

Most of the springs sets can be ordered as a kit, I would order brake lines too, if they haven't been replaced in 25+ yrs it's time.

^^^^X2. Just put 2 on the wife's Cherokee we are selling and they are only 23 years old. NAPA specials made in China :( ( brake lines )

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks