1981 Jeep Cj7 Renegade steering wheel.

1981 Jeep Cj7 Renegade steering wheel.

Krypton484

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1981 cj7
Hello

I was wondering if anyone had a amc jeep CJ7 Renegade steering wheel they would be willing to sell that is in tact with the horn button? The steering wheel doesnt have to be perfect, im restoring my old CJ7 finally, looking for the steering wheel it originally came with. Thanks so much

Attachments

• 1976-80-AMC-Jeep-CJ5-CJ7-Laredo-Golden.jpg
    1976-80-AMC-Jeep-CJ5-CJ7-Laredo-Golden.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 63
the best looking steering wheel they ever made

I have one, I’ll send you a PM when I get a chance.

Dam who would have thought someone would have one of those just laying around !

Actually, I have 2.
I'm a little embarrassed to say how much parts I have, and the actual number of Jeeps I've owned.

That's awesome...and I agree it's the best looking wheel they made. I have one in my CJ5. The clear plastic cover on the horn button was cracked, and I don't even want to admit how much I paid to replace it. Totally worth it though...

Thank you so much. I agree with everyone it's the best of all the wheels and it was stock in my CJ7, slowly but surely trying to get it back to original with the exception of my chevy 350 conversion...not gonna change that.

I’ve been watching Craigslist for one nearby to show up cheap - May hafta wrap another one in walnut........ missed one the other day for 25 bucks. I said an ugly word after that...... or two.

Sent from my desk using Tapatalk

It's just looks right....

Wrapped in wood would be phenomenal!d01116426ef1f6b76538312c0d461d1b.jpg

Sent via Google translate using braille through Tapatalk

I gotta get a pic or two of it in place, this will hafta do till I take em

6f8f9b7e79f7e58ea8ac440000af3df6.jpg

That's awesome...and I agree it's the best looking wheel they made. I have one in my CJ5. The clear plastic cover on the horn button was cracked, and I don't even want to admit how much I paid to replace it. Totally worth it though...

If you don't mind me.asking? How much did you pay? What kind of company did you send it to?

If you don't mind me.asking? How much did you pay? What kind of company did you send it to?

The only one that I could find in excellent shape at the time was at J&W in CA. Cost me about $50 with shipping. But like I said...it was totally worth it for me.

That was for the whole horn button.

I gotta get a pic or two of it in place, this will hafta do till I take em

Holy-moly, that's beautiful! Did you do that yourself? If so, what are the chances you'd be able to make another? I could get my hands on some good looking myrtle burl...

Wrapped mine with paracord... Did the grab bar as well.

Much more comfortable now.

Paracord_01.jpg

Wrapped mine with paracord... Did the grab bar as well.

Much more comfortable now.

Paracord_01.jpg

And I’m bettin it’s much warmer in cold weather than before.....

Holy-moly, that's beautiful! Did you do that yourself? If so, what are the chances you'd be able to make another? I could get my hands on some good looking myrtle burl...

I’ve been looking for a couple donors for just that........ so chances are very good I’ll make a few more. The burl will have to be good and dry to minimize movement after the fact

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks