1980-90 258 Exhaust Manifold fitment

1980-90 258 Exhaust Manifold fitment

JeeperChris

Old Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'79 CJ5, 258 I6, T150 w/Dana20, Dana30 front and AMC20 rear. My first Jeep! I'm looking forward to doing some minor upgrades and restoration while enjoying the ride.
I need to know if the 1980-90 exhaust manifolds for the 258 will fit the earlier models. Mine is a '79 and from there down the exhaust manifold has that spot under the carburetor where the intake and exhaust bolt together. Since mine has a header right now there is a flat plate of steel bolted under the carb and some carb linkage bolted to two of those bottom bolts. I would love to be able to use the later model exhaust manifold as it does not bolt to the intake manifold and I can keep things the way they are.

So does anyone know for sure if the later exhaust manifolds are useable on the earlier models?

Thanks

Simple answer is yes, it "should". Here's a couple of stock pictures I found on the internet of the 2 different types of manifolds. There should be nothing to interfere with the newer model fitting with your older style intake manifold.

61xNGoQW-iL._SL1100_.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

That's exactly what I thought but I needed to hear it from you guys that have more experience with these things than I do.

Thanks Elwood!

You're welcome :chug:

If you do this, post up some pictures up so we can see how it fits!

They're all compatible. I put the manifolds from an '88 YJ and an '88 Eagle on a '74 258.
Other than the block color, you can't tell them apart.

They're all compatible. I put the manifolds from an '88 YJ and an '88 Eagle on a '74 258.
Other than the block color, you can't tell them apart.

Totally awesome!!! Thank you very much!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks