Build Thread 1979 CJ7 in remarkable condition!

Build Thread 1979 CJ7 in remarkable condition!
Several people on the forum have said either go with 31s or 33s because 32s are hard to find quickly when needed on/off the trail. I might look into 32s

That made the decision for me...

That made the decision for me...

Going with the 31s. Just waiting to get with the guy who will paint my wheels. Already went and got the price on the 31s

I have always ran 31s, they work for me.

It’s been several months since I’ve posted an update.

I had my gauges restored by Instrument Services Inc. They came out really well.

I’m still troubleshooting the fuel gauge which I believe I’ve narrowed down to a bad sender in the tank. I just haven’t got around to dropping the tank.

E8_A3_D147_3177_4_E94_947_C_FB354_D30_EB50.jpg
F2_D5_A392_6023_4_D3_F_8721_BCA425_A993_A6.jpg
B6_E26_BC0_E25_A_4_E3_F_A12_F_9_B440_ED9_A0_FC.jpg

Checking in on everyone’s projects.

My Jeep is in the garage where it spends most of its time!

One of these days I’ll add a new top but for now I’m waiting for the fall weather!

Kick yer shoes off and stay a while this time LOL

Sent from the first decent temperature day since March LOL

Just got through reading the entire thread.
Your Jeep is amazing!!! Great attention to every detail, and it shows.
I may have missed it but did you mention how the 360 runs? Any problems with the motor on initial startup?

Just got through reading the entire thread.
Your Jeep is amazing!!! Great attention to every detail, and it shows.
I may have missed it but did you mention how the 360 runs? Any problems with the motor on initial startup?

Hope you enjoyed the read! The small details were important to me. IMO, it’s what separates builds and gives a restoration that show room feel. I don’t think there’s any added cost for the guy doing his own build as it’s only man hours. So that said, it would be extremely cost prohibitive to pay someone for this much detail. Well, unless you like to light $100 bills on fire!

The 360 purrs like a kitten. No problems on start up at all. It’s been running great.

Absolutely beautiful. I had a few questions on the lift if I may. I too want to use the OME Yj springs. They sell a complete kit for the Cj , why did you piece yours together if I may ask? Your attention to detail is awesome and inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

Absolutely beautiful. I had a few questions on the lift if I may. I too want to use the OME Yj springs. They sell a complete kit for the Cj , why did you piece yours together if I may ask? Your attention to detail is awesome and inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the compliments!

As for the lift, I stayed away from the kits because I wanted to use well known parts from places such as Currie, Warrior, and MORE. I like the finish on their products and the long time reliability of their names in the aftermarket.

It was nothing against the companies who had lots available, but instead, my own personal preference. Also, using Amazon to purchase everything...it was cheaper too with free shipping.

Been awhile but the Jeep is doing amazing! It’s a head turner and conversation starter everywhere I take it.

Attachments

• 070036A5-1313-4B55-A44B-B788FFE49758.jpeg
    070036A5-1313-4B55-A44B-B788FFE49758.jpeg
    171 KB · Views: 54
Blue is one of my favorite CJ colors

Just finished your thread, excellent job. Did you fall behind on posting, you went from still working on it to it’s done. I’m just greedy, as with all your detailed posts I wanted more. Lol.
But you did touch on something I’ve been pondering. My seat risers need refurb as well and I’ve been hesitant to paint as you don’t want to drill out the rivets, but you have overlap of the pieces that move. how did the paint hold up and did you spray in one position and then fold them and paint again?
My local powder later said that most restoration places will powder coat or spray in the down position and then try to clear seal the spots not coated in the folded position. Not sure how I feel about that. But my painter said a similar process as well.

6C173E67-462A-4F18-8FDF-DDA9727B1A8E.jpeg
Over the last few months I’ve managed to acquire some pieces that are often difficult to locate. Pictured here are NOS wheel well pads and NOS saddle bags. I’ve also added a bestop rollbar cover in tan too.

Just finished your thread, excellent job. Did you fall behind on posting, you went from still working on it to it’s done. I’m just greedy, as with all your detailed posts I wanted more. Lol.
But you did touch on something I’ve been pondering. My seat risers need refurb as well and I’ve been hesitant to paint as you don’t want to drill out the rivets, but you have overlap of the pieces that move. how did the paint hold up and did you spray in one position and then fold them and paint again?
My local powder later said that most restoration places will powder coat or spray in the down position and then try to clear seal the spots not coated in the folded position. Not sure how I feel about that. But my painter said a similar process as well.
So far the paint has held up on my seat risers. That said, it’s a garage queen and usually the seats don’t get flipped forward very often at all.
Glad you enjoyed the entire post! I’m still adding things here and there but mostly just loving the drive these days!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks