1969 cj5 tub repair or replace

dirtybird

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
69 cj5 duantless v6
i know this has beaten to death as i have read alot of information
but i would like to see what others have done as i have a collapsing tub
when i bought the jeep it had a CJ7 hard top and the tub was cut to look like CJ7 tub so here lies my problem floor is rotten and tub is falling due to lack pf support
so now that i am done rambling what tubs will fit 69 CJ5 frame it seem cheaper to find used tub that needs a little tlc then to fix what i have or to buy brand new tub as this will be low budget project (meaning as cheap as i can get away with)
any input is appreciated

pictures below are from a couple weeks ago the step above the rear tire has now collapsed completely and the has shifted to the passenger side 3" the only bolts holding tub is front bolt and two rear bolts

Welcome to the board.

I would definitely replace that tub, had one that looked about that bad i was going to fix and you just cant ever find something solid enough to weld replacement panels to, as far as i know and i could br wrond but a 55-72 tub would work i think? after that the body mounts are different along with some other little details

Is that rear seat for real :confused:

the rear seat is just for hunting coyotes in south texas
also i thought that i could use a tub up to 75 but i could be wrong

Well I think that tub is past the point of repair. The back of the tub should be parallel with the front of the tub where the rear of the hood meets the tub.

69 frame is the same width as a up 75. There was 1 more mount towards the front on the 75, but easily added. The 76+ frame widened in the rear.

i dont need any answers anymore found a whole jeep for 300 with title motors no good but tub is in really good shape so win for me

Revived!!!

BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE AT LEAST THE THREAD IS FOR THE MOMENT

MY JEEP WITH ITS BRAND NEW LOOK!!!1
jeep.png

Nice, I always liked the white & black combo, looks classy.

Re: Revived!!!

BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE AT LEAST THE THREAD IS FOR THE MOMENT

MY JEEP WITH ITS BRAND NEW LOOK!!!1
jeep.png

Dirty
:)Get that rear seat back in and I'm on a plane with my .22-250 and will get some coyotes...........Cool
:D:D:D:D

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks