Misc. 1967 CJ5 Kaiser Dauntless V6 3spd

Misc. 1967 CJ5 Kaiser Dauntless V6 3spd

Armyvet25

Beach Runner
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ, 83 CJ7, 2012 JKU, 1995 YJ
looking seriously at this one, to be honest, don't know :dung: about this year and it's...well everything, school me, cool not cool pain to find parts fun to drive etc etc.
Motor does start, no other drivertrain info other than it's there, fiberglass body replacement, no windshield/frame-what years model will fit?
Thanks
cjjj5.png
cjj5.png

Had a '71 in high school that had the 225...wished I'd been smart enough not to let it go

Came with either the T14 or T86 /Dana 18

Quite a few original serviceable windshield frames on Marketplace/Ebay for decent $

A little bit earlier to get in, the 7.

Had a '71 in high school that had the 225...wished I'd been smart enough not to let it go
Oh the ones that got away...

Had a '68 Camaro when I got married in '84. Had a '71 Ford Torino 500, a '72 Chevy Chevelle, and a '46 Ford P/U. All lost to marriage and kids. Was it worth it? I'll let you know :)

LMAO.

Oh the ones that got away...

Had a '68 Camaro when I got married in '84. Had a '71 Ford Torino 500, a '72 Chevy Chevelle, and a '46 Ford P/U. All lost to marriage and kids. Was it worth it? I'll let you know :)
I lost a mustang and a house😱, and it was definitely worth it!!

I lost a mustang and a house😱, and it was definitely worth it!!
40th anniversary coming up in about a week. Got me to reminiscing. But 4 kids and 7 grandkids later; guess I'll admit too - it was worth it.

Go on.... tell us why an 83? How much you wanna spend? How far will you travel?
I like the wide track CJ7 when I get one, only trading off one project for another, already have a TJ with a 5 spd, the one I'm getting rid of is an automatic, only bought it because I got it real cheap. Not hunting for a CJ, just a few came up interested in trading for the TJ.

Id be leaning towards the '83 for the wide track stance and dana 300 and mainly parts availability. 76-86 are the easiest to get parts for. Trade off is one of the crappy transmissions if its not a T-176. Also crummy 2.72 gearing in most. And the stepper motor Carter Bbd carb.

Id be leaning towards the '83 for the wide track stance and dana 300 and mainly parts availability. 76-86 are the easiest to get parts for. Trade off is one of the crappy transmissions if its not a T-176. Also crummy 2.72 gearing in most. And the stepper motor Carter Bbd carb.
my thinking as well

I'm a bit biased here, but the '66-'71 V6 powered CJ's are pretty great! Mine thru the years... I rode home from the dealership in Seattle with my dad on my 6th birthday in December 1970. Learned to drive, dated, Navy moves, married, three kids and now grandson have all been part of its history. Daily'd it for MANY years in Wa, SoCal and Virginia. Like I said, I'm biased...:chug:

Jeep in early 1971.jpg

Heidi and Chis July 1983.jpg

062022 Lela_Colson_me_Jeep.jpg

CJ with Bantam.jpg

Came with either the T14 or T86 /Dana 18

Quite a few original serviceable windshield frames on Marketplace/Ebay for decent $
If still stock, a 67 WILL BE the T86AA, the only transmission offered behind the 225 that year. The T86AA is something well less than stellar and most have been replaced either by swapping the guts of a T90J into the T86 case or installation of the T14. My 67 still has its T86AA, my 68 has a complete T90J installed with the GM adapter.

Like Chris, I'm still fond of the 225 and firmly believe it was the best stock engine in any CJ. Light, compact and abundant low end torque. The 66-71 V6 CJ's got 10" brakes rather than the 9" and the bigger Ross box. The Ross box steering is definitely the largest short coming in these.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks